Scratchcard Shop Slot: Lottery Ticket Theme Makes For Unique Game
Play Free NetEnt Slots in NJ
- 1 Can 2 Can Slot Game
- 1421 Voyages Of Zheng He Slot Game
- A Night of Mystery Slots
- Aladdin's Legacy Slot Review + Free Game
- Amazing Ripley's Believe It or Not Slot Review
- An Evening With Holly Madison Slot Machine
- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy Online Slot
- Andre The Giant Slot Machine Review
- Bars & Bells Slot Machine – Play for Free!
- Battle for Olympus Slot Game
- Bier Haus Slot Review – Free Online Game
- Black Knight II Slot Game Review
- Black Knight Slot Game
- Blood Suckers Slot Machine
- Bubble Craze Slots – Free to Play
- Candy Bars Slot Machine
- Captain Payback Slot Review
- Cash Coaster Slot Game
- Cash Spin Slot Machine
- CATS Slot Machine
- Cherry Mischief Slot Game
- Chilli Gold Slot Machine
- Cirque du Soleil Kooza Slot Machine
- Cleopatra Plus Slot Machine
- Cleopatra Slot Machine
- Cool Jewels Slot Game
- Crystal Forest Slot Machine
- Da Vinci Diamonds Dual Play Slots
- Da Vinci Diamonds Slot Machine
- Dangerous Beauty Slots
- Day of the Dead Online Slot Review
- Dazzle Me Slot Review
- Dead or Alive Online Slot Game
- Deal Or No Deal Slots
- Diamond Bonanza Progressive Slots
- Divine Fortune Slots
- Double Da Vinci Diamonds Slots
- Double Diamond Slots
- Drive Multiplier Mayhem Slots
- Elvis: The King Lives Slots Online
- Epic Monopoly II Slot: The Board Game Comes To Life
- Fairytale Legends: Red Riding Hood Slots
- Family Feud Slot: Will You Win Or Get The Big X?
- Family Guy Slot Machine
- Fantasini Master Of Mystery Slots
- Fire Queen Slots
- Flowers Slot Game
- Fortune Temple Slot: Will These Gods Bring Rewards To Your Bank Account?
- Frederic Vs Francois Slots
- Frozen Inferno Slots
- Fruit Shop Christmas Edition Slot: Festive Or Fizzle?
- Fruit Shop Slot: Perfectly Ripe Or A Rotten Experience?
- Ghostbusters Slots
- Giant Gems Slots
- Giant’s Gold Slots
- Glitz Slot: All That Glitters May Not Be Gold
- Gold Fish Slot: It’s A Fish, But Maybe It’s Not Exactly Gold
- Golden Goddess Slots
- Golden Knight Slots
- Golden Nugget Online Slot Game
- Goldify Slot: Will King Midas Grace You With His Touch?
- Gonzo's Quest Slots
- Grand Monarch Slots
- Guns N’ Roses Slots
- Gypsy Slot: Will This Fortune Teller Smile Upon You?
- Hercules High And Mighty Slots
- iFiesta Cubana Slot: No “Havana” Bad Day Here!
- In Bloom Slot: There’s Nothing Sweeter Than A Rose
- Invaders From Planet Moolah Slots
- Jack And The Beanstalk Slots
- Jack Hammer 2 Slots
- Jack Hammer Slots
- Jaguar Princess Slots
- Jalapeno Racers Slot: Will This Hot & Spicy Game Take A Bite Out Of Your Wallet?
- Jeopardy! Slots
- Jimi Hendrix Slots
- Jin's Jungle Slots
- King Kong Slot: This Ape Packs A Punch
- King of Macedonia Slots Machine
- King Of Slots: Does This Game Truly Rule The Kingdom?
- KISS Shout It Out Loud Slots
- Kitty Glitter Slots
- Legends Of Troy Slot: Will This Trojan Horse Be The Downfall Of Your Bankroll?
- Leprechaun's Fortune Slots
- Lil' Lady Slot: Chomps Up A Bankroll With Cutesy Quickness
- Lobstermania 2 Slot: Keep In Your Pot Or Throw It Back To Sea?
- Lunaris Slots
- Mad Scatter’s Tea Party
- Medieval Money Slot: Hit The Target And Score Big
- Merlin's Magic Respins Slots
- Merlin's Millions Slot: Can This Wizard Conjure Up A Big Win?
- Miss Red Slots
- Monopoly Big Event Slots
- Montezuma Slots
- Mythic Maiden Slot: Big Jackpots With A Side Of Eeriness
- Nemo's Voyage Slots
- Neon Staxx Slots
- Noah's Ark Slots
- Nordic Heroes Slots
- Nouveau Riche Slots
- Nuts & Bolts Slot: High-Tech Robots Just Might Provide A Winning Streak
- OMG! Kittens Slots
- Piggy Riches Slots
- Prowling Panther Slots
- Pyramid Quest For Immortality Slot: A Volatile Journey Could Result In A Monumental Payout
- Queen Of The Wild Slots
- Quick Hit Platinum Slots
- Raging Rhino Slots
- Raiden V Slot Game Review
- Ravishing Beauties Slot: It Might End Up Ravaging Your Bankroll
- Red Flag Fleet Slots
- Reel 'Em In Big Bass Bucks Slot: One To Keep On The Line Or One To Toss Back?
- Reel Rush Slot: Respin Magic Can Add to Your Bankroll
- Rocket Man Slot: Take a Sci-Fi Spin Into Space
- Scudamore’s Super Stakes Slot Review
- Secrets of Atlantis Slots
- Secrets Of The Forest Slots
- Secrets Of The Phoenix Slots
- Shadow of the Panther Slots
- Shamrockers Eire To Rock Slots
- She's A Rich Girl Slots
- Siberian Storm Slot: A High Variance Game That’s Not Particularly Siberian Or Stormy
- Sirens Slot: Will These Ladies Of Myth Wreak Destruction On Your Bankroll?
- Spartacus Gladiator Of Rome Slots
- Spinata Grande Slots
- Spinning Dragons Slots
- Starburst Slots
- Starmania Slots
- Stinkin' Rich Slots
- Super Jackpot Party Slot: An Incredibly Fun Affair With Long-Term Appeal
- Super Monopoly Money Slots
- Super Times Pay Hot Roll Slots
- Super Times Pay Slot: A Retro Slot With Modern Twists
- Texas Tea Slots
- The 100,000 Pyramid Slot Online
- The Amulet And The Charm Slot: Magic And Myth Combined Into One Game
- The Balloonies Slot: Clever Game Will Have You Floating On Air
- The Codfather Slot Game
- The Dream Slot: Fantasy or NIghtmare?
- The Godfather Slot: Does It Make You An Offer You Can’t Refuse?
- The Hoot Loot Slots
- The Lovely Outlaws Slot: A Romp Through The Wild West
- The Mighty Atlas Slot: Will Titan-Sized Jackpots Await You?
- The Vanishing Act Slot: This Online Game Is Low On Trickery, High On Variance
- Theme Park Tickets Of Fortune Slot: Will It Keep You Coming Back For More?
- Tiki Island Slot: Will Players Be Saying Aloha Hello Or Aloha Goodbye?
- Tiki Totems Slot: Is It Worth Carving Out A Little Time For?
- Tokidoki Lucky Town Slot: Japanese Cartoons Inspire, But Do They Reward?
- Tornado: Farm Escape Slot Will Make You Run For Cover!
- Treasures From The Gods Slot: A Minimalist Myth-Based Game
- Treasures Of The Pyramids Slot: Worth The Journey Back In Time?
- Treasures Of Troy Slot: Be Wary of The Wooden Horse
- Triple Diamond Slot: If You Like Double Diamond, Try This Gem
- Triple Red Hot 777 Free Games Slots
- Twin Spin Slot: A Retro-Style Slot That Doubles Down On Enjoyment
- Van Gogh Slots
- Vegas Hits Slots
- Victorious Slot: Will You Triumph Over The Roman Empire?
- Warlords â Crystals of Power Slot: Will You Fight To The Death For $1,000,000?
- Western Belles Slot: For A Thrilling Time Try The Wild Reel Feature
- Wheel of Fortune Hawaiian Getaway Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune On Tour Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune Triple Extreme Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune Ultra 5 Reels Slots
- When Pigs Fly: An Outrageously Awesome Game With Unique Reel Layout
- White Falls Slot: Tarzan Meets Jane In An Engaging Slot
- Wild Rodeo Slot: Saddle Up And Get Ready For The Ride Of Your Life
- Wild Wild West Slots
- Wild Wolf Slots
- Wishing You Fortune Slots
- Wolf Run Slot: Does The Land-Based Hit Translate To The Online Realm?
- Wonderland Slot: Eat The Cake Or Refuse The Drink?
- Wonders Of The Deep Slot: Will A Dive Into This Game Yield Treasure?
- Zeus 1000 Slot: The King Of Gods Can Be Generous
- Zeus III Slot: Will the Gods Smile Upon You?
- Zeus Slot: Travel Back In Time With A Retro Game Offering Excellent Value
I must admit, I’ve been avoiding reviewing this game for a little while. Not because I thought it may be an inferior product, but simply because I wasn’t sure how Scratchcard Shop could actually be classified as a slot game. Now after playing it, I can see how it’s lumped in with slots, but even so, I’m still not convinced slot fans will get an awful lot from it.
The premise is simple: you have entered the shop of the elderly and somewhat grizzled-looking scratchcard vendor and you purchase scratchcards from him. Each time you purchase a scratchcard (and there are several to pick from) that is essentially a “spin.” When you scratch the card off, that is essentially the result of the reels. Simple, eh? Well, yes and no, to be honest.
Overview: Scratchcard Shop
The first thing I have to ask is whether the Scratchcard Shop is a slot at all, even though it’s lumped together with the other slot games on the Tropicana Casino site. There are some elements that are shared with a slot. You can pick your stake size (the price of the scratchcard tickets does vary) and scratching the card to reveal the symbols is similar to the result of a slot, in that you either win or lose.
However, beyond those two factors the similarities are nonexistent. No reels are involved. Unfortunately, that means none of the bonus features you’d get with a slot game—such as a pick ’em game, free spins, multipliers, or similar—are present. Essentially what you have here is a game that will likely appeal to scratchcard players that has been designed to try and appeal to slot players too.
Who will the Scratchcard Shop slot appeal to?
It’s clear from the design of the game that the millions of people who enjoy playing scratchcards will certainly enjoy the Scratchcard Shop game. However, the attempts to make it play like a slot game are perhaps not enough, in my humble opinion, to make this game immediately appealing to a slot player. This is simply because there aren’t enough elements of a slot contained in the game.
That said, if you are a more general casino player who likes to try different types of games out and who spends their time playing more games than slots, then Scratchcard Shop is certainly one game that you should test. It’s very different to any other slot game I’ve played, but also different to other casino games I’ve played too. Indeed, its unique feel may be its most appealing attribute.
Gameplay: Scratchcard Shop
Usually in this section I would give you a more detailed breakdown of how the slot plays out, but with the Scratchcard Shop game things are very different. When you load up the “slot” you’re taken into the shop. Here you can browse through a number of different scratchcards before selecting one to play.
Each of the scratchcards on display is sold at a different price. There is a variety of different prizes available to be won on each card. Once you’ve selected your card to play, you purchase it from the vendor and there follows a neat little animation, where the vendor processes your payment on his till and you’re presented with the card to play.
At this point you can use the Buy New Card button as the Reveal All button to click once and rub off all the items on the screen at once. Alternatively, you can click on individual items and rub them off individually as you would a real world scratchcard. The choice is yours, but the Reveal All button does speed play up considerably.
Once you’ve revealed all the symbols on your card, then you can see if you’ve won a prize or not. If you’ve won a prize, the shop owner will celebrate with you and ring up your win on his till. If you lose, he’ll simply shrug his shoulders in sympathy. You can then buy another card and play again or scroll through the other cards available to find another to play.
There are a total of six scratchcards available to play. They range in value and, as a result, have a different array of top prizes available:
- Cash Crop – $0.20 per play, top prize of $200
- Crazy Fruits – $0.40 per play, top prize of $16
- Noughts and Crosses – $0.50 per play, top prize of $50
- Whole Lotta Luck – $1 per play, top prize of $800
- Moolah Machine – $2 per play, top prize of $1,600
- Gold Fever – $5 per play, top prize of $30,000
Clearly, some cards are more volatile to play than others. You can have more chance playing a less volatile slot (such as Crazy Fruits) than you would have playing a slot with a small entry fee but larger prize pool.
The only other thing to note is that the Gold Fever card actually has three, rather than one, game to play. As such, you have three chances to win on every turn of this card, compared to just one game to play on any of the other cards you elect to play.
Special features: Scratchcard Shop
Select from a choice of games
The best thing about the Scratchcard Shop game is that you can select from a choice of six different cards for any of your “spins.” You can tailor your play to a certain bet amount by selecting the card that suits your bankroll.
Reveal All button
The Reveal All button helps speed up play a little, as it is a much quicker option than clicking on each of the individual panels of a scratchcard to scrub off the top layer and see if you’ve won.
Various wins available
Regardless of the game you play, there is a good mix of wins available. They range from the higher value wins on the bigger jackpot games (Gold Fever offers a massive jackpot win of $30,000), down to the $16 jackpot available on the Crazy Fruits game.
The presentation on the Scratchcard Shop game is basic but cleverly done. The elderly shopkeeper is somewhat genial and the way he responds when you buy a card and then when you see whether you have won or not, is amusing initially. Over time the novelty of the animations does wear off.
Certainly, I’ve not come across a slot like the Scratchcard Shop game in the past, but that’s because I’m not really sure if it’s a slot or not. This is definitely more a scratchcard game dressed up as a slot. I think that it will certainly appeal to players of scratchcard games. As such, it is very original.
Depending on which card you play, you can find that you win relatively frequently on the scratchcard games, or you can find that the cards don’t fall that great for you and you can have many turns before you hit even a small win. However, those regular wins, especially when they are a decent amount are one of the game’s most appealing factors.
It’s not a slot
I can see why Scratchcard Shop is displayed alongside other slot games. Although the definition of a slot game has gotten broader with the advent of some unusual games, I still feel that Scratchcard Shop struggles to meet the definition of a slot game. It’s most certainly a gambling game, but to call it a slot stretches credibility to the limits. However that doesn’t mean it isn’t fun in its own way.
No bonus features
Unfortunately, unlike some of the better slots available today, there are no bonus features you can trigger on any of the games. Some tickets do offer a bonus reward, but there’s nothing additional you can trigger (such as free games on a card) as you play.
Due to a lack of bonus features, free spins or similar, this means that the whole process of playing these scratchcard games does tend to get very repetitive. With the vast majority of the wins you get less than 3x your wager, so this does tend to grate with you after a while.
Graphics & soundtrack: 2/5
Scratchcard Shop is a game that will certainly appeal initially thanks to its unusual setting and the clever use of animations to liven up the game. The graphics when the cards are scratched are decent and the sound is fine, but there’s nothing here to get too excited about. After a while, everything just seems very samey on every turn.
Originality & creativity: 4/5
I’ve given Scratchcard Shop a decent mark here as I think the way the game is put together, by offering six different games at six different wager levels and with different jackpot prizes is well done. And, of course, there isn’t any other game I’ve come across that is quite like this one.
Play value: 2/5
Having played all of the cards available on the Scratchcard Shop slot, I’m yet to have a really decent win. While you can win relatively frequently, you do tend to win in fits and bursts with long winless spells also commonplace. As such, this doesn’t make for a great play value for players.
Jackpot potential: 3/5
If you play the Gold Fever card, you wager $5 per game but can win up to $30,000 if you hit the jackpot. This game alone offers a prize that is almost 30x more than you will find on any other card. As such, it makes this worth a look if you like trying to win larger amounts.
Repeat play: 2/5
Even if you can get past the fact that this really isn’t a slot game, there just isn’t enough in the Scratchcard Shop to make you come back often. Gameplay is very repetitive and the game just isn’t involved enough to keep your interest piqued.
Total score: 13/25
Scratchcard Shop is an innovative game. While it does share some features with a slot game, it really isn’t presented as a slot, nor does it play as one. Neither does it have many of the top features that makes slots appealing. That said, it does have some positive aspects and it’s worth a few spins to at least try out.