Black Knight II Slot Game Review
Play Free WMS Slots in NJ
- 1 Can 2 Can Slot Game
- 1421 Voyages Of Zheng He Slot Game
- A Night of Mystery Slots
- Aladdin's Legacy Slot Review + Free Game
- Amazing Ripley's Believe It or Not Slot Review
- An Evening With Holly Madison Slot Machine
- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy Online Slot
- Andre The Giant Slot Machine Review
- Bars & Bells Slot Machine – Play for Free!
- Battle for Olympus Slot Game
- Bier Haus Slot Review – Free Online Game
- Black Knight Slot Game
- Blood Suckers Slot Machine
- Bubble Craze Slots – Free to Play
- Candy Bars Slot Machine
- Captain Payback Slot Review
- Cash Coaster Slot Game
- Cash Spin Slot Machine
- CATS Slot Machine
- Cherry Mischief Slot Game
- Chilli Gold Slot Machine
- Cirque du Soleil Kooza Slot Machine
- Cleopatra Plus Slot Machine
- Cleopatra Slot Machine
- Cool Jewels Slot Game
- Crystal Forest Slot Machine
- Da Vinci Diamonds Dual Play Slots
- Da Vinci Diamonds Slot Machine
- Dangerous Beauty Slots
- Day of the Dead Online Slot Review
- Dazzle Me Slot Review
- Dead or Alive Online Slot Game
- Deal Or No Deal Slots
- Diamond Bonanza Progressive Slots
- Divine Fortune Slots
- Double Da Vinci Diamonds Slots
- Double Diamond Slots
- Drive Multiplier Mayhem Slots
- Elvis: The King Lives Slots Online
- Epic Monopoly II Slot: The Board Game Comes To Life
- Fairytale Legends: Red Riding Hood Slots
- Family Feud Slot: Will You Win Or Get The Big X?
- Family Guy Slot Machine
- Fantasini Master Of Mystery Slots
- Fire Queen Slots
- Flowers Slot Game
- Fortune Temple Slot: Will These Gods Bring Rewards To Your Bank Account?
- Frederic Vs Francois Slots
- Frozen Inferno Slots
- Fruit Shop Christmas Edition Slot: Festive Or Fizzle?
- Fruit Shop Slot: Perfectly Ripe Or A Rotten Experience?
- Ghostbusters Slots
- Giant Gems Slots
- Giant’s Gold Slots
- Glitz Slot: All That Glitters May Not Be Gold
- Gold Fish Slot: It’s A Fish, But Maybe It’s Not Exactly Gold
- Golden Goddess Slots
- Golden Knight Slots
- Golden Nugget Online Slot Game
- Goldify Slot: Will King Midas Grace You With His Touch?
- Gonzo's Quest Slots
- Grand Monarch Slots
- Guns N’ Roses Slots
- Gypsy Slot: Will This Fortune Teller Smile Upon You?
- Hercules High And Mighty Slots
- iFiesta Cubana Slot: No “Havana” Bad Day Here!
- In Bloom Slot: There’s Nothing Sweeter Than A Rose
- Invaders From Planet Moolah Slots
- Jack And The Beanstalk Slots
- Jack Hammer 2 Slots
- Jack Hammer Slots
- Jaguar Princess Slots
- Jalapeno Racers Slot: Will This Hot & Spicy Game Take A Bite Out Of Your Wallet?
- Jeopardy! Slots
- Jimi Hendrix Slots
- Jin's Jungle Slots
- King Kong Slot: This Ape Packs A Punch
- King of Macedonia Slots Machine
- King Of Slots: Does This Game Truly Rule The Kingdom?
- KISS Shout It Out Loud Slots
- Kitty Glitter Slots
- Legends Of Troy Slot: Will This Trojan Horse Be The Downfall Of Your Bankroll?
- Leprechaun's Fortune Slots
- Lil' Lady Slot: Chomps Up A Bankroll With Cutesy Quickness
- Lobstermania 2 Slot: Keep In Your Pot Or Throw It Back To Sea?
- Lunaris Slots
- Mad Scatter’s Tea Party
- Medieval Money Slot: Hit The Target And Score Big
- Merlin's Magic Respins Slots
- Merlin's Millions Slot: Can This Wizard Conjure Up A Big Win?
- Miss Red Slots
- Monopoly Big Event Slots
- Montezuma Slots
- Mythic Maiden Slot: Big Jackpots With A Side Of Eeriness
- Nemo's Voyage Slots
- Neon Staxx Slots
- Noah's Ark Slots
- Nordic Heroes Slots
- Nouveau Riche Slots
- Nuts & Bolts Slot: High-Tech Robots Just Might Provide A Winning Streak
- OMG! Kittens Slots
- Piggy Riches Slots
- Prowling Panther Slots
- Pyramid Quest For Immortality Slot: A Volatile Journey Could Result In A Monumental Payout
- Queen Of The Wild Slots
- Quick Hit Platinum Slots
- Raging Rhino Slots
- Raiden V Slot Game Review
- Ravishing Beauties Slot: It Might End Up Ravaging Your Bankroll
- Red Flag Fleet Slots
- Reel 'Em In Big Bass Bucks Slot: One To Keep On The Line Or One To Toss Back?
- Reel Rush Slot: Respin Magic Can Add to Your Bankroll
- Rocket Man Slot: Take a Sci-Fi Spin Into Space
- Scratchcard Shop Slot: Lottery Ticket Theme Makes For Unique Game
- Scudamore’s Super Stakes Slot Review
- Secrets of Atlantis Slots
- Secrets Of The Forest Slots
- Secrets Of The Phoenix Slots
- Shadow of the Panther Slots
- Shamrockers Eire To Rock Slots
- She's A Rich Girl Slots
- Siberian Storm Slot: A High Variance Game That’s Not Particularly Siberian Or Stormy
- Sirens Slot: Will These Ladies Of Myth Wreak Destruction On Your Bankroll?
- Spartacus Gladiator Of Rome Slots
- Spinata Grande Slots
- Spinning Dragons Slots
- Starburst Slots
- Starmania Slots
- Stinkin' Rich Slots
- Super Jackpot Party Slot: An Incredibly Fun Affair With Long-Term Appeal
- Super Monopoly Money Slots
- Super Times Pay Hot Roll Slots
- Super Times Pay Slot: A Retro Slot With Modern Twists
- Texas Tea Slots
- The 100,000 Pyramid Slot Online
- The Amulet And The Charm Slot: Magic And Myth Combined Into One Game
- The Balloonies Slot: Clever Game Will Have You Floating On Air
- The Codfather Slot Game
- The Dream Slot: Fantasy or NIghtmare?
- The Godfather Slot: Does It Make You An Offer You Can’t Refuse?
- The Hoot Loot Slots
- The Lovely Outlaws Slot: A Romp Through The Wild West
- The Mighty Atlas Slot: Will Titan-Sized Jackpots Await You?
- The Vanishing Act Slot: This Online Game Is Low On Trickery, High On Variance
- Theme Park Tickets Of Fortune Slot: Will It Keep You Coming Back For More?
- Tiki Island Slot: Will Players Be Saying Aloha Hello Or Aloha Goodbye?
- Tiki Totems Slot: Is It Worth Carving Out A Little Time For?
- Tokidoki Lucky Town Slot: Japanese Cartoons Inspire, But Do They Reward?
- Tornado: Farm Escape Slot Will Make You Run For Cover!
- Treasures From The Gods Slot: A Minimalist Myth-Based Game
- Treasures Of The Pyramids Slot: Worth The Journey Back In Time?
- Treasures Of Troy Slot: Be Wary of The Wooden Horse
- Triple Diamond Slot: If You Like Double Diamond, Try This Gem
- Triple Red Hot 777 Free Games Slots
- Twin Spin Slot: A Retro-Style Slot That Doubles Down On Enjoyment
- Van Gogh Slots
- Vegas Hits Slots
- Victorious Slot: Will You Triumph Over The Roman Empire?
- Warlords - Crystals of Power Slot: Will You Fight To The Death For $1,000,000?
- Western Belles Slot: For A Thrilling Time Try The Wild Reel Feature
- Wheel of Fortune Hawaiian Getaway Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune On Tour Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune Triple Extreme Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune Ultra 5 Reels Slots
- When Pigs Fly: An Outrageously Awesome Game With Unique Reel Layout
- White Falls Slot: Tarzan Meets Jane In An Engaging Slot
- Wild Rodeo Slot: Saddle Up And Get Ready For The Ride Of Your Life
- Wild Wild West Slots
- Wild Wolf Slots
- Wishing You Fortune Slots
- Wolf Run Slot: Does The Land-Based Hit Translate To The Online Realm?
- Wonderland Slot: Eat The Cake Or Refuse The Drink?
- Wonders Of The Deep Slot: Will A Dive Into This Game Yield Treasure?
- Zeus 1000 Slot: The King Of Gods Can Be Generous
- Zeus III Slot: Will the Gods Smile Upon You?
- Zeus Slot: Travel Back In Time With A Retro Game Offering Excellent Value
First came the Black Knight online slot — no, not the famous Monty Python figure who intoned “’Tis only a flesh wound!”
This is a popular slot by WMS that took on the medieval theme and brought it to a wider audience.
Well, given the popularity that the original slot enjoyed, WMS decided that the Black Knight needed a second outing as the Black Knight II.
Let’s take a look at how this later slot shapes up both against the original and the competition.
Overview: Black Knight II
The original Black Knight slot was a 5×3 reel game with 30 paylines, but in the sequel WMS have upped the number of paylines in play to 40.
Once again, you can wager any amount of money you like by increasing or decreasing both the number of paylines in play and the size of coin you want to wager on each payline.
The minimum bet is just $0.01, while the maximum bet is $40 per spin.
You can also switch between the classic betting screen, where you select your bet per line and the number of paylines individually, or you can click on the Quick Bet screen, which has a number of predefined buttons offering bets of different levels you can click to spin.
WMS have given the slot a bit of a facelift. While the original Black Knight looks a little dated now graphically, the newer version, while still no technical marvel, looks sharper and cleaner with clearer graphics.
However, it is disappointing that the company have yet to improve on the somewhat generic and ill-fitting sound effects used in the game.
Who will the Black Knight II slot appeal to?
If you are a fan of the original Black Knight online slot, then this sequel will heartily appeal.
It shares many of the same features and even has a similar look and sound, albeit with markedly updated graphics. The 10 additional paylines will also allure, especially since the ability to tailor your bet completely has been retained.
Black Knight II will appeal to almost all New Jersey online slot fans.
The theme is appealing, and the free spins bonus game and stacked symbols features will also bring in players who like these elements. Plus, the rare fact that the wild symbol can act as a scatter symbol should also be a reason for many players to have a go at this game.
Gameplay: Black Knight II
The look of the slot is quite familiar and will be instantly recognizable to players of the original slot. The playing card symbols are the low value symbols on the reels with a number of medieval instruments and characters, including a jester, queen, and king, among the higher value symbols on the reels.
Best of all, every higher value symbol in the game, including the wild symbol, is stacked on the reels. This can help create some decent base game wins, especially when used in conjunction with a stacked wild.
The king is the highest paying symbol in the game and offers up to 500 coins to be won in the base game, with the jester and queen offering half that as their biggest win.
You can also win with two kings on a winning payline, rather than three, which is a nice bonus.
In addition to these symbols, there are two other symbols that unlock the best features of the game. The first of these is the wild symbol, which is the Black Knight himself. This symbol is stacked and can cover an entire reel in the base game, but usually it will occupy one or two sectors on a reel.
Unusually, the wild substitutes for all symbols in the game, including the feature symbol, which means it can help trigger the bonus attributed to that.
The feature symbol is the crossed swords over a shield, which are presumably the Black Knight’s weapons of choice.
Land three or more of these across the reels and you can unlock the free spins round, though remember, the wild symbol if landed on a reel in position can substitute for the feature symbol, too. You receive seven free spins, but no multiplier is attached.
When you hit the free spins round, the reels change color, and when the round begins, all the wilds in the game become Sticky Wilds.
This means any wild that lands on the reels during the free spins section will expand to cover that entire reel for the duration of the free spins round. If you can land two or three reels wild early on in free spins, some massive wins are possible.
Special features: The Black Knight II
Stacked high symbols and wilds
During the base game and the free spins round, all the high value symbols in the game are stacked on the reels up to four symbols high, including the wild symbol.
This can help land multiple payline wins on a single spin, especially when a wild symbol lands on the first two reels.
Free spins round
Land three or more feature symbols starting on reels one, two, and three, and you trigger seven free spins. During free spins, any wild symbol landed will expand to cover the reel and remain in place for the duration of the free spins round.
Wild substitutes for feature
Black Knight II is a rarity in that the wild symbol can substitute for the feature symbol, three of which across the first three reels of the slot will trigger the free spins bonus round.
This allows you a chance at winning some of the larger sums of money available on the slot.
There’s a vast improvement on the graphics in the Black Knight II. The symbols are sharper, more defined and look far more becoming of a 21st century slot.
The addition of 10 extra paylines to the slot helps you feel that you may have more chance of success on every spin.
Wilds in free spins
The Sticky Wilds in free spins was a popular feature in the original game, and it works exceptionally well in the sequel too.
If you can hit two, or even better, three, across the reels during free spins, you can ramp up some huge wins.
Sound still commonplace
The same generic background noises with the unusual (and annoying) sound effects on the reel spins don’t really add anything to the atmosphere of the slot.
A little more imagination and creativity here would have helped the slot considerably.
Free spins payouts vary wildly
Hitting the free spins round can take time and money, but even when you do, a big win is by no means guaranteed. You can win large amounts and very small ones too, no bigger than a base game win.
Small base game wins
Most of the base game wins you receive are generally small, and often smaller than your total bet. This can prove draining if you hit the slot when it is not paying out.
Graphics and soundtrack: 2/5
There’s no doubt that the graphics on the Black Knight II are a marked improvement over the original.
Alas, technically it still doesn’t compare to some modern slots, and it is dispiriting that the same uninspired sound effects are used in the game.
Originality and creativity: 2/5
I’ve given this slot a bit of additional credit for added paylines and enhanced graphics, but the rest of the slot is very much the same. That’s a tad regrettable.
While retaining the Sticky Wilds in the free spins round is a good idea, the game just isn’t different enough to the original to improve on that mark.
Play value: 2/5
The base game jackpot is smaller in the Black Knight II, probably due to an increased number of paylines, but this isn’t a low variance game.
Wins are typically small when you do hit in the base game, but you can recoup a lot of money with a less frequent big win or by hitting the free spins round with the Sticky Wilds feature.
Jackpot potential: 2/5
With a smaller jackpot than the original, the potential for big wins isn’t as great as on the original game.
That’s a bit of a letdown and sees the game lose a mark compared to the original.
Repeat play: 3/5
Despite some of the reservations outlined above, I think Black Knight II is a much-improved game on the original.
The key to enjoying it is hitting great value during free spins, and if you get that then you’ll be firing this game up time and time again.
Hit the game when it is on a dry spell, though, and you can find it a tad expensive to play.
Total score: 11/25
I think the Black Knight II slot is an upgrade on the original while retaining many of the features that made the first game popular with slots fans. However, the improvements are marginal and largely superficial.
Some of the changes, such as a smaller jackpot, don’t add much to the slot.