Cool Jewels Slot Game
Play Free WMS Slots in NJ
- 1 Can 2 Can Slot Game
- 1421 Voyages Of Zheng He Slot Game
- A Night of Mystery Slots
- Aladdin's Legacy Slot Review + Free Game
- Amazing Ripley's Believe It or Not Slot Review
- An Evening With Holly Madison Slot Machine
- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy Online Slot
- Andre The Giant Slot Machine Review
- Bars & Bells Slot Machine – Play for Free!
- Battle for Olympus Slot Game
- Bier Haus Slot Review – Free Online Game
- Black Knight II Slot Game Review
- Black Knight Slot Game
- Blood Suckers Slot Machine
- Bubble Craze Slots – Free to Play
- Candy Bars Slot Machine
- Captain Payback Slot Review
- Cash Coaster Slot Game
- Cash Spin Slot Machine
- CATS Slot Machine
- Cherry Mischief Slot Game
- Chilli Gold Slot Machine
- Cirque du Soleil Kooza Slot Machine
- Cleopatra Plus Slot Machine
- Cleopatra Slot Machine
- Crystal Forest Slot Machine
- Da Vinci Diamonds Dual Play Slots
- Da Vinci Diamonds Slot Machine
- Dangerous Beauty Slots
- Day of the Dead Online Slot Review
- Dazzle Me Slot Review
- Dead or Alive Online Slot Game
- Deal Or No Deal Slots
- Diamond Bonanza Progressive Slots
- Divine Fortune Slots
- Double Da Vinci Diamonds Slots
- Double Diamond Slots
- Drive Multiplier Mayhem Slots
- Elvis: The King Lives Slots Online
- Epic Monopoly II Slot: The Board Game Comes To Life
- Fairytale Legends: Red Riding Hood Slots
- Family Feud Slot: Will You Win Or Get The Big X?
- Family Guy Slot Machine
- Fantasini Master Of Mystery Slots
- Fire Queen Slots
- Flowers Slot Game
- Fortune Temple Slot: Will These Gods Bring Rewards To Your Bank Account?
- Frederic Vs Francois Slots
- Frozen Inferno Slots
- Fruit Shop Christmas Edition Slot: Festive Or Fizzle?
- Fruit Shop Slot: Perfectly Ripe Or A Rotten Experience?
- Ghostbusters Slots
- Giant Gems Slots
- Giant’s Gold Slots
- Glitz Slot: All That Glitters May Not Be Gold
- Gold Fish Slot: It’s A Fish, But Maybe It’s Not Exactly Gold
- Golden Goddess Slots
- Golden Knight Slots
- Golden Nugget Online Slot Game
- Goldify Slot: Will King Midas Grace You With His Touch?
- Gonzo's Quest Slots
- Grand Monarch Slots
- Guns N’ Roses Slots
- Gypsy Slot: Will This Fortune Teller Smile Upon You?
- Hercules High And Mighty Slots
- iFiesta Cubana Slot: No “Havana” Bad Day Here!
- In Bloom Slot: There’s Nothing Sweeter Than A Rose
- Invaders From Planet Moolah Slots
- Jack And The Beanstalk Slots
- Jack Hammer 2 Slots
- Jack Hammer Slots
- Jaguar Princess Slots
- Jalapeno Racers Slot: Will This Hot & Spicy Game Take A Bite Out Of Your Wallet?
- Jeopardy! Slots
- Jimi Hendrix Slots
- Jin's Jungle Slots
- King Kong Slot: This Ape Packs A Punch
- King of Macedonia Slots Machine
- King Of Slots: Does This Game Truly Rule The Kingdom?
- KISS Shout It Out Loud Slots
- Kitty Glitter Slots
- Legends Of Troy Slot: Will This Trojan Horse Be The Downfall Of Your Bankroll?
- Leprechaun's Fortune Slots
- Lil' Lady Slot: Chomps Up A Bankroll With Cutesy Quickness
- Lobstermania 2 Slot: Keep In Your Pot Or Throw It Back To Sea?
- Lunaris Slots
- Mad Scatter’s Tea Party
- Medieval Money Slot: Hit The Target And Score Big
- Merlin's Magic Respins Slots
- Merlin's Millions Slot: Can This Wizard Conjure Up A Big Win?
- Miss Red Slots
- Monopoly Big Event Slots
- Montezuma Slots
- Mythic Maiden Slot: Big Jackpots With A Side Of Eeriness
- Nemo's Voyage Slots
- Neon Staxx Slots
- Noah's Ark Slots
- Nordic Heroes Slots
- Nouveau Riche Slots
- Nuts & Bolts Slot: High-Tech Robots Just Might Provide A Winning Streak
- OMG! Kittens Slots
- Piggy Riches Slots
- Prowling Panther Slots
- Pyramid Quest For Immortality Slot: A Volatile Journey Could Result In A Monumental Payout
- Queen Of The Wild Slots
- Quick Hit Platinum Slots
- Raging Rhino Slots
- Raiden V Slot Game Review
- Ravishing Beauties Slot: It Might End Up Ravaging Your Bankroll
- Red Flag Fleet Slots
- Reel 'Em In Big Bass Bucks Slot: One To Keep On The Line Or One To Toss Back?
- Reel Rush Slot: Respin Magic Can Add to Your Bankroll
- Rocket Man Slot: Take a Sci-Fi Spin Into Space
- Scratchcard Shop Slot: Lottery Ticket Theme Makes For Unique Game
- Scudamore’s Super Stakes Slot Review
- Secrets of Atlantis Slots
- Secrets Of The Forest Slots
- Secrets Of The Phoenix Slots
- Shadow of the Panther Slots
- Shamrockers Eire To Rock Slots
- She's A Rich Girl Slots
- Siberian Storm Slot: A High Variance Game That’s Not Particularly Siberian Or Stormy
- Sirens Slot: Will These Ladies Of Myth Wreak Destruction On Your Bankroll?
- Spartacus Gladiator Of Rome Slots
- Spinata Grande Slots
- Spinning Dragons Slots
- Starburst Slots
- Starmania Slots
- Stinkin' Rich Slots
- Super Jackpot Party Slot: An Incredibly Fun Affair With Long-Term Appeal
- Super Monopoly Money Slots
- Super Times Pay Hot Roll Slots
- Super Times Pay Slot: A Retro Slot With Modern Twists
- Texas Tea Slots
- The 100,000 Pyramid Slot Online
- The Amulet And The Charm Slot: Magic And Myth Combined Into One Game
- The Balloonies Slot: Clever Game Will Have You Floating On Air
- The Codfather Slot Game
- The Dream Slot: Fantasy or NIghtmare?
- The Godfather Slot: Does It Make You An Offer You Can’t Refuse?
- The Hoot Loot Slots
- The Lovely Outlaws Slot: A Romp Through The Wild West
- The Mighty Atlas Slot: Will Titan-Sized Jackpots Await You?
- The Vanishing Act Slot: This Online Game Is Low On Trickery, High On Variance
- Theme Park Tickets Of Fortune Slot: Will It Keep You Coming Back For More?
- Tiki Island Slot: Will Players Be Saying Aloha Hello Or Aloha Goodbye?
- Tiki Totems Slot: Is It Worth Carving Out A Little Time For?
- Tokidoki Lucky Town Slot: Japanese Cartoons Inspire, But Do They Reward?
- Tornado: Farm Escape Slot Will Make You Run For Cover!
- Treasures From The Gods Slot: A Minimalist Myth-Based Game
- Treasures Of The Pyramids Slot: Worth The Journey Back In Time?
- Treasures Of Troy Slot: Be Wary of The Wooden Horse
- Triple Diamond Slot: If You Like Double Diamond, Try This Gem
- Triple Red Hot 777 Free Games Slots
- Twin Spin Slot: A Retro-Style Slot That Doubles Down On Enjoyment
- Van Gogh Slots
- Vegas Hits Slots
- Victorious Slot: Will You Triumph Over The Roman Empire?
- Warlords - Crystals of Power Slot: Will You Fight To The Death For $1,000,000?
- Western Belles Slot: For A Thrilling Time Try The Wild Reel Feature
- Wheel of Fortune Hawaiian Getaway Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune On Tour Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune Triple Extreme Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune Ultra 5 Reels Slots
- When Pigs Fly: An Outrageously Awesome Game With Unique Reel Layout
- White Falls Slot: Tarzan Meets Jane In An Engaging Slot
- Wild Rodeo Slot: Saddle Up And Get Ready For The Ride Of Your Life
- Wild Wild West Slots
- Wild Wolf Slots
- Wishing You Fortune Slots
- Wolf Run Slot: Does The Land-Based Hit Translate To The Online Realm?
- Wonderland Slot: Eat The Cake Or Refuse The Drink?
- Wonders Of The Deep Slot: Will A Dive Into This Game Yield Treasure?
- Zeus 1000 Slot: The King Of Gods Can Be Generous
- Zeus III Slot: Will the Gods Smile Upon You?
- Zeus Slot: Travel Back In Time With A Retro Game Offering Excellent Value
One of the guiding rules I go by when I review any slot is how easy it is to play if you were coming to it as a relative newcomer. Fortunately most slots pass this test relatively easily, even some of those with more complicated features can be figured out in a relatively short space of time with a little patience.
However on occasion, you come across a slot game that is so complex that it seems to defy rational explanation, and then when you have an explanation of how the game works, it still doesn’t make much sense to the individual. Unfortunately, Cool Jewels is one such slot from WMS, and this is one game that took me a good while to get to grips with.
Cool Jewels is a slot game that actually doesn’t look like a slot game and it has been clearly designed to cash in on the popularity of social media-based games, such as Candy Crush Saga. In this game there are 6×6 reels involved, with a variety of jewels being the symbols on the reels. Alongside these jewels are a number of other icons including a wide variety of special Wild symbols and the Cool Jewels logo acts as the in-game scatter symbol.
The aim is to get four or more of the same jewels (or a Wild symbol substituting for a jewel) together in a block horizontally or vertically (but not diagonally). This constitutes a win and you receive a payout. In addition, the number of symbols you get in a payline is added to the Pay Per Symbol meter and the symbols on your payline disappear, allowing new symbols to drop down. You can trigger additional wins using this Cascading Reels feature, which also increases the value of the Pay Per Symbol meter with every win triggered and every symbol collected.
Who will the Cool Jewels slot appeal to?
Cool Jewels isn’t a slot that will appeal to traditional slot fans or retro gamers, however it is a slot game that I think will certainly appeal to slot fans that like new games that move away from the traditional 5×3 reel set up and like to push the boundaries of what a slot game can offer.
Furthermore, given that this games heritage lies within popular social-media games, I think people that enjoyed games such as Candy Crush Saga and other similar types of games will certainly enjoy this slot, as it shares a great many of the features of those types of games, but offers the opportunity to win real cash.
Gameplay: Cool Jewels
The Cool Jewels slot has a gameplay that is part slot, part social-media game and as a result, plays very differently to any other slot game you will have played previously. There are six reels, each with six symbols on display, but there are no paylines in this slot. So the question is, how do you win?
Well, in Cool Jewels, you receive a win when you land four or more of the same symbols together connected either horizontally or vertically anywhere on the board. When you achieve this, the number of symbols you collect is added to the Pay Per Symbol meter and the symbols collected disappear, allowing fresh symbols to cascade down from above, which can then trigger additional paylines (and increase the Pay Per Symbol meter with every symbol collected).
However, to help players achieve more wins, there are a number of other symbols alongside the jewel symbols that are most common on the reels. The first of these is the Wild symbol, or to be more accurate, the Wild symbols.
That’s because in Cool Jewels, there isn’t just one Wild symbol, but three and each performs a different operation. The Shocking Wild, when used as part of a winning group, destroys all the symbols radiating out from it in a diagonal direction (these symbols offer you a payout and also contribute to increasing your Pay Per Symbol value).
The Exploding Wild destroys all the symbols that surround it, again offering a payout per symbol and also increasing the Pay Per Symbol value). The Blasting Wild destroys all symbols emanating from it horizontally and vertically and it also collects the cash from those symbols and adds them to the Pay Per Symbol meter.
Best of all, if you can land two Wilds together, then they perform a number of different tasks and extra features, which can lead to increased wins and a greater chance of triggering additional wins.
Remember, every time a symbol is part of a payline, or destroyed by a Wild, this does trigger Cascading Reels, which rain down from above and these too can create additional wins. The Pay Per Symbol meter increases with every symbol you collect on a spin and the more you collect on a single spin, the higher the value this meter can reach (up to a maximum of 50).
The other symbol to look out for in the game is the Cool Jewels logo, which is the scatter symbol. Land four or more of these symbols on the reels to trigger between 8 and 20 free spins. To trigger these symbols, you need to destroy them using any of the Wilds or features attributed when two wilds activate on a spin. You can see the progress you are making on any spin by monitoring the Free Games meter on the right hand side of the screen.
Special Features: Cool Jewels
Pay Per Symbol meter
For every symbol you destroy as part of a winning payline, or through activating one of the Wild symbols, you fill in a slice of the meter, the more slices you fill in, the greater the value of your win for each symbol collected on that spin can grow, up to a maximum of 50.
Huge variety of Wilds
There are three different Wild symbols active in the game and each performs a specific function, however you can land two Wild symbols together in a group of symbols and if triggered, they can perform additional functions on top of their usual functions, thus increasing your chances of a better value win.
Land four or more of the Cool Jewels Logo scatter symbols to unlock up to 20 free spins and it is in this section of the game where the player does not have to wager a cash amount per spin, that some of the biggest value wins are possible, although the game does not have a stated jackpot size.
It is clear that the Cool Jewels slot has taken it inspiration from social-media gaming and that is fine, as to be fair, the game works well. The reels aren’t obvious but are there, and the unusual way that wins are triggered takes a little getting used to, but with clear graphics and nice sounds, they have presented this slot very well.
The three different Wild symbols are the key to unlocking some of the better wins in both the base game but especially in free spins. Landing them together when they can trigger additional features alongside their usual bonuses really does help increase your chances of a good return.
Free Games option
The Free Games option is where the bigger money in the slot can be won, ostensibly because you are not wagering on every spin. It is a volatile game though and it can be hard to hit a bigger win, even in Free Spins, at times.
Difficult to understand
There’s no doubting that playing this slot takes a lot more patience to get to grips with than a typical slot game. Although the features are good, when you first play it can be hard to fathom out exactly what is happening on screen, particularly when multiple Wild symbols trigger together.
Low play value
Unfortunately, one of the abiding features of the slot is just how poor value the wins are in the base game. Playing for the highest stakes of $50 per spin, most wins come in considerably less than that wager, with only the occasional win in excess of it, which means this is a game with poor value for players.
No jackpot to chase
Because in theory this is a game that could continue to payout ad infinitum, there is no quantifiable jackpot in place, so judging how appealing this game is to jackpot hunters is impossible, though on reviewing the game, I would argue that it is not likely to be hugely appealing.
Graphics & soundtrack 4/5
Cool Jewels is beautifully presented with crystal clear sounds and graphics and it is visually very appealing to look at. The team behind it have captured its social-media gaming roots quite beautifully while retaining the key elements of a slot game too.
Originality & creativity 4/5
Certainly there isn’t another game that I have played as a slot that comes close to Cool Jewels in terms of originality, as per the game design and with some of the features, such as the three different Wilds, this game does score well.
Play value 1/5
This is a real let down, as the vast majority of wins in the game are very small indeed with few reaching the level of the wager placed and some wins offering just a fraction of it.
Jackpot potential 1/5
In theory, this game could payout a limitless amount, but in truth the chances of a big win happening seem extraordinarily remote and with no upper jackpot to aim for, this isn’t a game that will attract those seeking a big win.
Repeat play 2/5
For novelty value and if you are a lover of social-media type games similar to Cool Jewels, then you may come back for a few spins now and then, but as a dedicated slot fan, Cool Jewels left me feeling decidedly cold to be honest.
Total score: 12/25
Cool Jewels is a novelty slot for me, it has some nice touches and with some time invested in it, soon becomes apparent how to play, but it isn’t the easiest game to pick up and understand and with a low play value and no jackpot amount stated, it isn’t likely to appeal to many slot game enthusiasts.