Gold Fish Slot: It’s A Fish, But Maybe It’s Not Exactly Gold
Play Free WMS Slots in NJ
- 1 Can 2 Can Slot Game
- 1421 Voyages Of Zheng He Slot Game
- A Night of Mystery Slots
- Aladdin's Legacy Slot Review + Free Game
- Amazing Ripley's Believe It or Not Slot Review
- An Evening With Holly Madison Slot Machine
- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy Online Slot
- Andre The Giant Slot Machine Review
- Bars & Bells Slot Machine – Play for Free!
- Battle for Olympus Slot Game
- Bier Haus Slot Review – Free Online Game
- Black Knight II Slot Game Review
- Black Knight Slot Game
- Blood Suckers Slot Machine
- Bubble Craze Slots – Free to Play
- Candy Bars Slot Machine
- Captain Payback Slot Review
- Cash Coaster Slot Game
- Cash Spin Slot Machine
- CATS Slot Machine
- Cherry Mischief Slot Game
- Chilli Gold Slot Machine
- Cirque du Soleil Kooza Slot Machine
- Cleopatra Plus Slot Machine
- Cleopatra Slot Machine
- Cool Jewels Slot Game
- Crystal Forest Slot Machine
- Da Vinci Diamonds Dual Play Slots
- Da Vinci Diamonds Slot Machine
- Dangerous Beauty Slots
- Day of the Dead Online Slot Review
- Dazzle Me Slot Review
- Dead or Alive Online Slot Game
- Deal Or No Deal Slots
- Diamond Bonanza Progressive Slots
- Divine Fortune Slots
- Double Da Vinci Diamonds Slots
- Double Diamond Slots
- Drive Multiplier Mayhem Slots
- Elvis: The King Lives Slots Online
- Epic Monopoly II Slot: The Board Game Comes To Life
- Fairytale Legends: Red Riding Hood Slots
- Family Feud Slot: Will You Win Or Get The Big X?
- Family Guy Slot Machine
- Fantasini Master Of Mystery Slots
- Fire Queen Slots
- Flowers Slot Game
- Fortune Temple Slot: Will These Gods Bring Rewards To Your Bank Account?
- Frederic Vs Francois Slots
- Frozen Inferno Slots
- Fruit Shop Christmas Edition Slot: Festive Or Fizzle?
- Fruit Shop Slot: Perfectly Ripe Or A Rotten Experience?
- Ghostbusters Slots
- Giant Gems Slots
- Giant’s Gold Slots
- Glitz Slot: All That Glitters May Not Be Gold
- Golden Goddess Slots
- Golden Knight Slots
- Golden Nugget Online Slot Game
- Goldify Slot: Will King Midas Grace You With His Touch?
- Gonzo's Quest Slots
- Grand Monarch Slots
- Guns N’ Roses Slots
- Gypsy Slot: Will This Fortune Teller Smile Upon You?
- Hercules High And Mighty Slots
- iFiesta Cubana Slot: No “Havana” Bad Day Here!
- In Bloom Slot: There’s Nothing Sweeter Than A Rose
- Invaders From Planet Moolah Slots
- Jack And The Beanstalk Slots
- Jack Hammer 2 Slots
- Jack Hammer Slots
- Jaguar Princess Slots
- Jalapeno Racers Slot: Will This Hot & Spicy Game Take A Bite Out Of Your Wallet?
- Jeopardy! Slots
- Jimi Hendrix Slots
- Jin's Jungle Slots
- King Kong Slot: This Ape Packs A Punch
- King of Macedonia Slots Machine
- King Of Slots: Does This Game Truly Rule The Kingdom?
- KISS Shout It Out Loud Slots
- Kitty Glitter Slots
- Legends Of Troy Slot: Will This Trojan Horse Be The Downfall Of Your Bankroll?
- Leprechaun's Fortune Slots
- Lil' Lady Slot: Chomps Up A Bankroll With Cutesy Quickness
- Lobstermania 2 Slot: Keep In Your Pot Or Throw It Back To Sea?
- Lunaris Slots
- Mad Scatter’s Tea Party
- Medieval Money Slot: Hit The Target And Score Big
- Merlin's Magic Respins Slots
- Merlin's Millions Slot: Can This Wizard Conjure Up A Big Win?
- Miss Red Slots
- Monopoly Big Event Slots
- Montezuma Slots
- Mythic Maiden Slot: Big Jackpots With A Side Of Eeriness
- Nemo's Voyage Slots
- Neon Staxx Slots
- Noah's Ark Slots
- Nordic Heroes Slots
- Nouveau Riche Slots
- Nuts & Bolts Slot: High-Tech Robots Just Might Provide A Winning Streak
- OMG! Kittens Slots
- Piggy Riches Slots
- Prowling Panther Slots
- Pyramid Quest For Immortality Slot: A Volatile Journey Could Result In A Monumental Payout
- Queen Of The Wild Slots
- Quick Hit Platinum Slots
- Raging Rhino Slots
- Raiden V Slot Game Review
- Ravishing Beauties Slot: It Might End Up Ravaging Your Bankroll
- Red Flag Fleet Slots
- Reel 'Em In Big Bass Bucks Slot: One To Keep On The Line Or One To Toss Back?
- Reel Rush Slot: Respin Magic Can Add to Your Bankroll
- Rocket Man Slot: Take a Sci-Fi Spin Into Space
- Scratchcard Shop Slot: Lottery Ticket Theme Makes For Unique Game
- Scudamore’s Super Stakes Slot Review
- Secrets of Atlantis Slots
- Secrets Of The Forest Slots
- Secrets Of The Phoenix Slots
- Shadow of the Panther Slots
- Shamrockers Eire To Rock Slots
- She's A Rich Girl Slots
- Siberian Storm Slot: A High Variance Game That’s Not Particularly Siberian Or Stormy
- Sirens Slot: Will These Ladies Of Myth Wreak Destruction On Your Bankroll?
- Spartacus Gladiator Of Rome Slots
- Spinata Grande Slots
- Spinning Dragons Slots
- Starburst Slots
- Starmania Slots
- Stinkin' Rich Slots
- Super Jackpot Party Slot: An Incredibly Fun Affair With Long-Term Appeal
- Super Monopoly Money Slots
- Super Times Pay Hot Roll Slots
- Super Times Pay Slot: A Retro Slot With Modern Twists
- Texas Tea Slots
- The 100,000 Pyramid Slot Online
- The Amulet And The Charm Slot: Magic And Myth Combined Into One Game
- The Balloonies Slot: Clever Game Will Have You Floating On Air
- The Codfather Slot Game
- The Dream Slot: Fantasy or NIghtmare?
- The Godfather Slot: Does It Make You An Offer You Can’t Refuse?
- The Hoot Loot Slots
- The Lovely Outlaws Slot: A Romp Through The Wild West
- The Mighty Atlas Slot: Will Titan-Sized Jackpots Await You?
- The Vanishing Act Slot: This Online Game Is Low On Trickery, High On Variance
- Theme Park Tickets Of Fortune Slot: Will It Keep You Coming Back For More?
- Tiki Island Slot: Will Players Be Saying Aloha Hello Or Aloha Goodbye?
- Tiki Totems Slot: Is It Worth Carving Out A Little Time For?
- Tokidoki Lucky Town Slot: Japanese Cartoons Inspire, But Do They Reward?
- Tornado: Farm Escape Slot Will Make You Run For Cover!
- Treasures From The Gods Slot: A Minimalist Myth-Based Game
- Treasures Of The Pyramids Slot: Worth The Journey Back In Time?
- Treasures Of Troy Slot: Be Wary of The Wooden Horse
- Triple Diamond Slot: If You Like Double Diamond, Try This Gem
- Triple Red Hot 777 Free Games Slots
- Twin Spin Slot: A Retro-Style Slot That Doubles Down On Enjoyment
- Van Gogh Slots
- Vegas Hits Slots
- Victorious Slot: Will You Triumph Over The Roman Empire?
- Warlords - Crystals of Power Slot: Will You Fight To The Death For $1,000,000?
- Western Belles Slot: For A Thrilling Time Try The Wild Reel Feature
- Wheel of Fortune Hawaiian Getaway Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune On Tour Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune Triple Extreme Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune Ultra 5 Reels Slots
- When Pigs Fly: An Outrageously Awesome Game With Unique Reel Layout
- White Falls Slot: Tarzan Meets Jane In An Engaging Slot
- Wild Rodeo Slot: Saddle Up And Get Ready For The Ride Of Your Life
- Wild Wild West Slots
- Wild Wolf Slots
- Wishing You Fortune Slots
- Wolf Run Slot: Does The Land-Based Hit Translate To The Online Realm?
- Wonderland Slot: Eat The Cake Or Refuse The Drink?
- Wonders Of The Deep Slot: Will A Dive Into This Game Yield Treasure?
- Zeus 1000 Slot: The King Of Gods Can Be Generous
- Zeus III Slot: Will the Gods Smile Upon You?
- Zeus Slot: Travel Back In Time With A Retro Game Offering Excellent Value
I’m rather fond of aquariums, and there’s nothing more relaxing to me that sitting watching a shoal of beautifully colored neon tetras shimmer through the water in front of an old wrecked castle and the bubbling treasure chest.
So when I learned the Gold Fish slot was set against the backdrop of an aquarium filled with all kinds of exotic fish, I was expecting a feast for the eyes. Having reviewed some pretty good WMS slots of late, I was looking forward to trying out this game.
Let’s take a look at whether I hooked a big one, or whether this slot was a little fishy.
Overview: Gold Fish
The Gold Fish slot is a 5×3 reel game that has a total of 25 paylines in operation on every spin.
You can increase the size of your bet per payline from $0.01 up to $1.00 per payline, which means that you have a total bet range from $0.35 up to a maximum of $35 per spin (when you include the feature bet — 10x your line stake.)
There are no playing card low symbols on the reels. Instead, there are a number of aquarium features, such as nets, plants, and corals as the lower value symbols, while the fish and other assorted creatures are the higher value symbols.
The goldfish is the in-game wild and can be used to help create winning paylines as a replacement for all symbols.
Who will the Gold Fish slot appeal to?
If you like a flexible slot that allows you to wager exactly what you want on a spin, then the Gold Fish slot is worth a closer look. In addition, if you are not a fan of free spins games and prefer other forms of bonuses, then there are a number of different bonuses available.
Given the graphics, slot fans that enjoy retro-style gaming will perhaps enjoy the slot. However, the actual slot game itself isn’t particularly retro, so it will be a delicate balancing act on that score.
Where to play the Gold Fish slot online in NJ
If you’re going for the gold, or rathe the Gold Fish, then you need only go to one of the following legal NJ online gambling sites:
Gameplay: Gold Fish
When the Gold Fish slot loads up, you are presented with a somewhat unusual situation. The background, which is usually what you don’t want to focus on in a slot, is actually a better-presented picture and animation than the reels, which look somewhat dated thanks to poor resolution graphics and a color scheme that doesn’t help enhance the detail.
The quality of the graphics on the reels is quite poor and looks like an old 8-bit style slot. It certainly isn’t what you’d expect of a modern online slot in New Jersey.
Beneath that shortcoming is actually an enjoyable and playable game. The Gold Fish slot isn’t complex, but it is sufficiently different to the usual 5×3 offering.
The base game is 25-payline game and the goldfish sits atop the pile of symbols as the in-game wild, which helps create winning paylines when it lands on the first three reels.
Its appearance in the base game is usually a boon as it often rounds off a two or three symbol payline and turns it into a win, or a higher value win.
The biggest and most unusual feature of the slot is the random fish feature, which can occur after any spin, win or lose. When this happens, a fishbowl will streak into view on the screen and a fish will drop down from above into the bowl.
The color of the fish determines what bonus you will receive. Here’s a breakdown:
It blows three air bubbles which turn into numbers. The numbers then rearrange into a single three-digit number, which is the multiplier of your payline stake. This is the amount you win as a bonus.
The red fish simply reveals a number of adornments in the bottom of the bowl. When you pick one, if the red fish kisses that ornament, the value of the cash prize contained therein will increase.
The green fish blows a number of bubbles, from which you can select one for a cash reward. Pick the right bubble and you’ll win all the cash amounts hidden behind the bubbles.
This is a superscatter feature that allows you between one and three spins. Symbols on the reels create winning combinations not just on active paylines.
If you don’t win anything on your spins, you receive a 10x multiplier on the initial win triggering the bonus.
This is the big value fish. It grants you between five and 20 free spins, complete with a multiplier of between 2x and 10x the winning amount.
Land three of the fish food scatters and you trigger another bonus feature, this time a simple matching game, where you find three or four matching colors to trigger a bonus. Or, if you hit the three turtles or gold turtles, you can also have one final increasingly rewarding pick.
Special features: Gold Fish
In the base game, the goldfish symbol acts as the in-game wild and can substitute for all low and higher paying symbols (but not the scatter) to create winning paylines across the reels.
Random fish feature
The most exciting bonus in the game is the random fish feature, which can occur after any spin.
A fish bowl appears and one of several colored fish will drop into it, offering you one of five different bonus features.
Fish food feature
Land three or more scatters to launch the matching bonus game that offers you a chance of winning a number of prizes. The turtle prizes, especially the gold turtle prizes, are the ones offering players the larger prize wins.
Random fish feature
This is a great feature that offers you a chance to access five different bonus features. Some of these features are markedly better than others.
The blue and gold fish options have the best chance of offering you a better return.
Clever bonus games
Added to the five random fish features outlined above, the scatter matching colors mini game is also a nice touch. Between all six features, you have bonuses which are a pleasing mix of different features and which all dovetail nicely with the fish and aquatic theme.
Regular wins in base game
Gold Fish isn’t a slot which requires you to play a lengthy spell before you hit a win. Base game wins come along fairly regularly.
They are a decent mix of amounts, some smaller than your bet, but a fair few larger which does help keep your balance topped up.
No immediate free spins option
You can access a free spins round from the random fish feature, but the scatter symbol reveals a matching game, rather than free spins. If you are a fan of free spins, having to wait to hit the bonus and then get lucky with the bonus may be a bit too much of a wait.
Poor graphics on reels
It’s difficult to state how disappointing the graphics are on the reels. It’s not just the low resolution, but the colors are a mess too and leave some of the symbols looking a little blurry.
They aren’t attractive to the eye, which is the entire point of an aquarium.
It is very rare that I come across any software issues with a game. If I do, it is usually a hardware issue.
But with Gold Fish, twice on the random fish feature I triggered the purple fish and twice it failed to blow out three numbers and the slot just hung.
Graphics and soundtrack: 1/5
The sound on the game is pretty generic of most slots, but I do like the background of the slot as that is nicely done.
The graphics on the reels, however, are somewhat disappointing and not really of a quality you would expect for a relatively modern slot game.
Originality and creativity: 4/5
I like the fact that there are so many bonus games included in the Gold Fish slot. Six is a good number and there’s a good mix of games.
I just think the game misses out a little in not having a dedicated free spins round that you can access straight from the base game.
Play value: 3/5
The jackpot value on this slot is not great but the base game wins offer decent value.
Most wins are generally small in the base game, but occasionally you can hit a bigger value win that keeps your balance from dipping too low.
Jackpot potential: 3/5
The jackpot is only 300x your line win, which isn’t a huge amount if you are playing at smaller stakes, but if you play for more money then this prize can be worthwhile chasing.
Overall it is on the small side compared to other slots.
Repeat play: 3/5
Those additional bonus games and features will have you coming back for more on the Gold Fish slot, but once you have played through them a few times I wonder if the slot has long term appeal beyond that.
Total score: 14/25
This potentially is a much better slot than the score suggests. Better graphics and sound would help, as would a dedicated free spins round accessible from the base game and a much improved jackpot.
Until then Gold Fish is a decent, but not brilliant slot.