New Online Casinos in NJ
Established online casinos in the Garden State have spent years building up reputations, but there’s still room for some new casino names to check out. And the new online casinos in NJ largely aren’t unknown quantities, either.
Take Tropicana Online Casino, for example. The platform was one of the original NJ online casinos when the industry launched in 2013. Now a decade later, Tropicana relaunched in March 2023 and offers new users a $2,000 welcome bonus. Just sign up using the Tropicana promo code PLAYBONUS to become eligible for the 100% deposit match. Then, fulfill one of these playthrough requirements to withdraw your winnings: 10x on slots, 20x on video poker, 50x on all other games.
These fresh additions have partnerships with Atlantic City casinos and licenses from the state’s Division of Gaming Enforcement. Let’s explore the types of games and bonuses you can expect to find at the best new casinos in New Jersey.
Best new online casinos in New Jersey
Latest updates on New online casinos coming to NJ
Like previous years, new brands are targeting a piece of the NJ gambling market. The when is announced once operators have cleared the state regulatory hurdles. PlayUp Casino and PlayOJO Casino have market access deals with Caesars Entertainment.
We will update this page as launch details become available. For now, here are some of the latest New Jersey headlines surrounding new online casinos:
- NJ Casinos Set Online Record $151.5 Million December: Thanks to the early 2022 launch of Bally Casino and Virgin Casino moving over from the Tropicana Atlantic City license, Bally’s Atlantic City’s year-over-year growth was up an eye-opening 1407.4%.
- What NJ Casino Launches, Rebrands Could We See In 2023?: Several potential brands could potentially make a 2023 debut as a result of having market access deals with an Atlantic City casino partner.
- PlayStar Casino CEO Explains Why ‘Entering NJ First Was A Clear Choice’: Play NJ caught up with Per Hellberg, CEO of PlayStar.
- Wheel Of Fortune Online Casino Launching In NJ This Year: Wheel of Fortune is in the process of becoming a NJ online casino thanks to BetMGM’s agreement with Sony Pictures Television and IGT.
Best new NJ online casinos for 2023
Under state gambling law, each brick-and-mortar casino in NJ has a number of “skins” that allow online casinos to partner with the physical casino to operate in the state. Let’s focus on some of the biggest new casinos to hit desktops and smartphones in New Jersey.
Players can access a growing library of titles. The list of slots titles include Cleopatra, Secret of the Phoenix and Monopoly Rising Riches and countless other games.
Why we love the Bally’s Casino app:
- The Gamesys software is among the best out there.
- After a very long wait, the Bally name is finally a NJ online casino brand.
- Slots menu is broken down by exclusive titles, new games and alphabetical listing.
A daily fantasy sports pioneer, FanDuel already has a strong presence in the US with established online sportsbooks and casinos. New Jersey gamblers have the option of playing on the standalone FanDuel Casino app. FanDuel NJ features the same range of table games, slots, and video poker that you’d find at its other US casinos.
Why we love FanDuel Casino:
- Range of standard jackpots and progressives.
- Dedicated casino app separate from sports betting and DFS.
- Regular promotions and bonuses, including the Reward Machine.
Scandinavian gambling company PlayStar is finally live in North America with its NJ online casino product. PlayStar Casino is rolling out its brand to the US market by offering a personalized player experience. This includes a concierge service where players will receive tailored rewards and promos.
PlayStar has a land-based partnership with Ocean Casino Resort.
Why we love PlayStar Casino:
- Live Dealer games from Evolution Studios, including the new title Free Bet Blackjack.
- Slot titles from Wizard Games, Pariplay’s in-house development studio.
- Strong promo menu.
Tipico online casino also operates under the Ocean Casino Resort license in New Jersey. You’ll come for the welcome bonus but stay for the decent selection of slots and table games. The slots library features nearly 400 titles. Tipico has launched with a good range of games from WMS, Bally, and others.
Why we love the Tipico Casino app:
- Fifty-plus top slots from WMS, IGT and more.
- Good banking options, including at the Ocean Casino Resort cage.
- Deposit-matching welcome bonus for new customers.
Betway is a UK gambling giant that has been slowly making moves into the US. You may not have seen Betway’s UK online casino, but the good news is that the NJ version is just as slick. In fact, Betway online casino is now offered in multiple states, including Pennsylvania and now New Jersey.
Why we love Betway Casino:
- User-friendly lobby and easy filter options.
- Live casino games from Evolution Gaming.
- Matching deposit bonus up to $1,000 for new customers.
The selection of slots and table games at PointsBet Casino NJ isn’t as large as more established gambling sites in the state. PointsBet has added live dealer games to its lobby. The selection of titles continues to grow in time.
Why we love PointsBet Casino:
- Established betting company with a US presence.
- Solid casino app for smartphone users.
- Regular promotions on the way.
Lovers of old-school Las Vegas will know all about the iconic Stardust brand. However, in 2021, New Jersey gamblers finally got a Stardust of their own when FanDuel unveiled the Stardust online casino.
Although it’s run by FanDuel and Boyd Gaming, Stardust actually operates under a Golden Nugget online gambling license. While the name is different, the games and interface are almost identical to Betfair Casino in New Jersey.
Why we love Stardust Casino app:
- Hundreds of games from the Betfair NJ platform.
- Excellent app with dozens of progressives.
- B Connected rewards program.
New online casino apps
The top new NJ online casinos will also be available via an app. NJ casino apps use geolocation to ensure you’re located in New Jersey when you log on and play casino games for real money. In addition, you’ll be able to make deposits through the app. You can even use a registered debit card or a mobile payment option. Online casinos will design their apps to look and feel just like their websites. There should be a seamless crossover between the online casino and the app.
No deposit bonuses at new casinos
New online casinos for real money will offer a welcome bonus to entice you to open an account. Online casino bonuses can include a mix of free spins and deposit matching funds. Additionally, some casinos in New Jersey may also offer a no deposit bonus.
There are generally two types of no deposit casino bonuses. What they have in common is that you don’t need to deposit any of your own money to claim them.
- Free spins: Receive free spins to use on an online slot that the casino designates. Winnings may be subject to a playthrough requirement.
- No deposit bonus: You’ll receive a small amount of bonus funds (say $10 to $30) to use on games of your choice. You can withdraw your winnings as long as you meet the wagering conditions.
Even with a new online casino no deposit bonus, though, remember that you can still claim any other bonuses the casino is offering new account holders.
Why try a new online casino?
- Bigger welcome bonuses: New casino sites need time to attract a player base. That’s why they will often try to bring in new customers with the promise of larger welcome bonuses. You’ll get access to bonus bets, free spins, or deposit matches when you first start playing.
- Slick apps and software: Brand new online casinos have the luxury of launching with the freshest software and new features. The game lobbies will work smoothly for online or mobile play, and the apps will work with the latest handsets.
- Deposit options and customer support: It’s important for new online casinos to help customers every step of the way. They will usually offer a range of payment options as well as customer support via live chat or over the phone.
What to look for or avoid at new online casinos
How do you go about choosing a good new online casino in New Jersey? Here’s our checklist to keep in mind before you hit that “Register Now” button:
- Selection of games: Older, more established casinos tends to have bigger, more varied game libraries. New NJ casinos may go live with a “soft launch,” offering only a handful of slots and table games.
- Bonus terms and conditions: That massive welcome bonus may look tempting, but what about the fine print? Always check the terms and conditions for the wagering requirement and other important rules.
- New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement licensing: All new casinos that launch in the Garden State must carry a license from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
It’s important that you only sign up to online casinos that are properly licensed in NJ. You’ll need to confirm your location inside the state before you log on and play for real money. Offshore casinos don’t provide the same guarantees about safety or security.
How can I trust a new online casino?
The number of new online casinos in New Jersey continues to grow. Here are some ways to find trustworthy sites:
- Land-based partner: Under New Jersey gambling law, online casinos must partner with an approved land-based casino in the state.
- Licensed games and slots: In addition, the software providers at NJ online casinos need a license from the DGE. Avoid casinos that offer unknown games from disreputable companies.
- Responsible gambling: Legitimate casinos will adhere to rules that aim to protect and provide assistance to problem gamblers. You’ll be able to set your own deposit limits and request a timeout if you want one.
- Safe banking practices: You want a casino that keeps customers’ funds in separate accounts in case of insolvency. That way, you can always be sure that your money remains safe.
- Security protocols: Your personal details should be secure at any casino you use. Regulated casinos use SSL encryption to protect players’ details and encrypt payments.
Best new NJ online casino bonus offer
When you sign up at a new online casino, it may allow you to claim free spins on a specific slot or get bonus funds to use on games of your choice.
Bally Casino, for example, is giving new players a welcome offer of $30 bonus + $100 bonus play on deposit using the promo code PLAYBONUS30.
What’s missing at new online casinos?
New NJ casinos don’t always feature a full package of slots and table games. They may launch with a limited suite of titles. Live dealer games may not be initially available.
The important thing for the casino is to be up and running. Customers can join, claim a welcome bonus and play some games. However, some progressive online slots may feature smaller jackpots while the casino takes time to build up a player base. This may not be an issue if the new casino is a skin of an existing New Jersey casino.
New online casino games, features, and promos
NJ casinos need to constantly evolve if they want to keep attracting customers. Both new casinos and existing ones will redesign their software, relaunch their apps and introduce fresh bonuses.
- Innovative promotions: It’s important for New Jersey online casinos to stand out among the crowd. They will launch promotions such as cash giveaways, leaderboard challenges, and raffle drawings.
- Bespoke casino gambling: New casinos are eager to give customers a more personal experience. You may be able to customize your game lobby or complete achievements that you can share online.
- New games and slots: Casinos offer new releases to keep things interesting for customers.
- Social media presence: New casinos will make full use of social media channels such as Instagram to share news and launch promotions.
New casino software
All casino software providers in New Jersey must apply for a license before they offer casino games and online slots for real money. Some developers have been offering games in the state since online casinos went live in 2013. However, new providers are appearing all the time.
Established game providers in New Jersey:
- High 5 Games
- Evolution Gaming
- Big Time Gaming
For the dozen or so NJ-licensed game providers, there are dozens more waiting to receive a license to operate stateside. In 2021, Wazdan secured a Division of Gaming Enforcement license to supply games and slots in the state. And, despite online gambling is legal in New Jersey since 2013, one of the world’s largest developers — Playtech — only secured a New Jersey license. While these two companies are established players worldwide, they are newcomers to the regulated NJ market.