NJ Mobile Online Gambling On iOS & Android
One of the major factors driving the rapid growth of online gambling in the Garden State is the many gambling apps. With only a couple of clicks, you can set up an account and turn your mobile device into a 24/7 Atlantic City-style online casino, sportsbook, or poker room.
Native apps for Android and iOS offer not only the ability to place bets while you commute or sit comfortably on your sofa but also greater stability, more customization options, and specialized bonus offers.
Top real money gambling apps in New Jersey
This page will cover all you need to know about using online gambling apps in New Jersey. We’ll cover their benefits and which ones are the best for online casino gambling, sports betting, and poker.
What are NJ gambling apps?
Gambling apps are specifically designed applications for Android and iOS-powered devices that enable easy mobile access to an online gambling site. Such a site will generally display a link for downloading the app. This will take you either to a download page on the site or, more frequently, the correct download page on Google’s or Apple’s official app store.
You can set up an account once you’ve installed the app or before you do so via the online gambling site itself.
All such gambling apps use geolocation to ensure players are located within the borders of New Jersey. Remember, you must be located within state lines and 21 or older to gamble online for real money in NJ.
Online casino apps for iPhones, iPads, and Android
Soon after New Jersey legalized online casinos in 2013, Caesars launched its casino app, becoming the first notable gambling provider to do so. It didn’t take long for others to catch up, and in a year or two, the Garden State was teeming with casino gambling apps.
Slots — the No. 1 choice of many players — and gambling apps are a strong match. Casinos optimize their games to fit smaller screens, and with only a couple of taps, you can control the full gameplay. The same is true for traditional casino table games, such as blackjack and roulette. Even though such games — particularly roulette — need bigger layouts, they are more than manageable on a mobile casino app.
Still, the most significant advancement has been live dealer casino games, which let you play a game conducted by an actual dealer via livestream from a casino or dedicated studio location.
However, note that not all games you see on the websites of New Jersey online casinos are available on their corresponding apps. However, thanks to the HTML5 framework the developers use, most of them, including progressive jackpot slots, are also accessible via mobile browser, with more releases likely coming in the future.
Sports betting apps for real money
Similar to online casinos, NJ sports betting apps will follow you wherever you go. There isn’t a more convenient way to bet, as you can access your account at any time and from any location with a signal within New Jersey.
Additionally, NJ sports gambling apps are ideal for live betting and the rapidly fluctuating odds that accompany the activity. Instant access is only half the story, however. With most NJ sportsbooks offering apps, you can use them to shop for the best lines as well as depositing and withdrawing money with which to bet.
Online poker apps for iOS and Android
Online poker apps have been around for years in New Jersey, offering players access to cash games, tournaments, and other types of poker formats on their smartphones and tablets.
No Limit Texas Hold’em variants are the go-to choices for cash games as well as sit and go tournaments. Multi-table tournaments also work well via most such apps. Be advised, though, that other poker variants like Omaha and stud are generally tougher to find on such apps than options for Texas Hold’em.
Tournaments will generally be available daily and feature guaranteed prizes of up to thousands of dollars. Various filters will help you single out the ones you are most interested in or look for bonus rolls to help you hone your poker skills.
Benefits of gambling apps vs. websites
One of the main advantages of gambling via an app is convenience. Your full-scale online casino or sportsbook is right there in your pocket, and all you need is a stable internet connection and a couple of taps to get started.
Additionally, with an app, most actions are available to perform faster than on desktop computers. That speed is essential while betting on live events where you may need to react quickly to lock in the odds at which you want to bet. Betting apps also allow you to enable push notifications on your device to get game updates in real-time and react without wasting a second.
Finally, the best NJ gambling apps may offer additional bonuses and promos not available on the corresponding websites. Here’s an overview of the advantages and disadvantages of betting apps compared to web browser versions of NJ gambling sites:
- User experience
- Easy to use
- App-specific bonuses
- Improved stability
- Smaller game libraries
Best NJ casino apps for Android and iOS
- Golden Nugget Casino — Golden Nugget Casino sits at the top of all NJ online casino apps for a good reason. The design and functionality of the app mirror that of the website. And with over 500 slots, table games, and live dealer games — including exclusive titles — it’s one of the most diverse apps out there.
- Virgin Casino — This Gamesys-provided app is stable and easy to use. Users have access to almost the entire Virgin Casino library, including proprietary titles you can play in both demo and real money modes. The app provides 24/7 access to withdrawals and customer support, as well as exclusive bonuses and promotions.
- BetMGM Casino — BetMGM has delivered one of the most robust and best gambling apps in NJ. It has over 300 casino games to choose from, and even a few more if you are on Android. The app features slots, blackjack, roulette, and live dealer games, with many titles exclusive to BetMGM. No-hassle banking and round-the-clock support add to the experience.
- Unibet Casino — Unibet has a robust app with around 150 games available. Exclusive titles like Troll Hunters 2 and Attila the Hun lead the way in terms of games, together with huge progressive jackpot slots, live dealer titles, and other options.
Best NJ sports betting apps for iPhone and Android
- DraftKings Sportsbook — DraftKings offers one of the most diverse sportsbook apps in terms of betting options. Same-game parlays, round robin bets, futures, moneylines, and more are all available for dozens of sports and competitions. New customers can receive a $50 bonus bet plus a 20% match up to $1,000 when they make their first deposit.
- BetMGM Sportsbook — The search bar includes top sports and leagues so that you can find what you want to bet on extra quickly. When you start using the BetMGM Sportsbook app, you’ll automatically enroll in the M life Rewards program — a premium loyalty program for all MGM products. In addition, the easy parlay builder is another prominent feature that helps you create parlays in a heartbeat.
- Caesars Sportsbook — Caesars boasts a revamped version of its sportsbook app for both Android and Apple devices. Daily boosts, bonuses and exclusive promotions are its biggest selling points. Additionally, the Caesars Rewards program allows you to collect points for every bet you place and exchange them for perks at Atlantic City and Las Vegas casinos.
- SugarHouse Sportsbook — The SugarHouse app offers a variety of betting options along with a 100% deposit match bonus up to $500. While that maximum is smaller than the welcome bonuses at many other online sportsbooks in the state, the bonus funds have just a 1x playthrough requirement, which is tough to beat.
- FanDuel Sportsbook — FanDuel offers world-class odds and a plethora of bets. The app features many bonuses, including odds boosts and the current welcome bonus for up to $1,000. Every selection is visible on an interactive bet slip that’s easy for even beginners to master quickly.
Best NJ poker apps for Android and iOS
For legal online poker in New Jersey, here are the top mobile poker apps available:
- WSOP — This World Series of Poker-branded option was one of the first real money poker apps to become available in New Jersey in 2013. The app does particularly well with tournaments, especially multi-table events, with dozens of them scheduled daily. No Limit Hold’em and Fixed Limit Hold’em are the main formats, but stud, Omaha, and other options are also available.
- PokerStars — The PokerStars app has a quick seating feature that drastically reduces the waiting time for a table. You can find the standard no limit and pot limit games, together with some sit and go tournaments and other playing formats. One of the most popular features is Zoom Poker, which will send you to a new table after every hand.
- BetMGM Poker — The stakes on the BetMGM app range from a couple of cents up to $25 and $50, depending on the game. Multi-table tournaments are the main attraction, but cash games and sit and go tournaments are also available. Fast forward turbo games cut the waiting time between two hands by transferring you to another table to start the next hand as soon as the previous one ends.
Installing gambling apps from the Google Play Store
The majority of gambling apps for Android-powered devices are now available through Google’s Play Store. However, there are still some that may not be there since Google only recently allowed real money betting apps on its store. If that’s the case, you’ll have to get the app directly from the online casino site.
But, first things first — here’s the general process for getting a gambling app from the Google Play Store:
- Head to the relevant online casino site via a mobile browser.
- Select the button that says “Get it on Google Play,” “Available on Android” or something similar.
- This will take you to the relevant download page on the Play Store, and you can complete the installation process from there.
In the event that your preferred casino or sportsbook does not yet have its app on Google Play, you can still generally download the app directly from the site:
- Click on the link on the site to download the .apk file.
- Initiate the installation.
- Change the settings on your device to allow third-party installations.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finalize the process.
- Launch the app and start betting.
Installing betting apps from the Apple App Store
If you want to use a gambling app via your iPhone or iPad, you can find most, if not all, of them on the App Store. In most cases, you can open the gambling site on your iPhone and locate the “Download on the App Store.” Clicking that will take you to the download page on the App Store, where you can complete the usual installation process.
NJ gambling app FAQ
Can you gamble online in New Jersey with an app?
Yes. You can download gambling apps for Android and iOS devices, register an account, make a deposit, and play. You just need to be at least 21 years old and within state lines at the time of play to place a real money wager.
Do I need a separate username and password for a betting app?
No. If you already have an account, just use your existing credentials to log in and you can start playing.
Are real money gambling apps in NJ legit?
Yes, provided they come from legal, regulated gambling sites. This means they’ll have a license from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
What betting apps work in NJ?
All betting apps that come from the Division of Gambling Enforcement-licensed sites will work in New Jersey.
What is geolocation for a gambling app?
Geolocation uses the phone’s or tablet’s GPS coordinates to pinpoint your exact location, thus ensuring you are within state lines and can legally gamble.