New York Yankees Odds
The New York Yankees are once again perennial favorites to win the AL East while remaining a top contender forÂ American League and the World Series titles. Thatâs because the biggest stars in the big leagues have long worn, and continue to wear, the pinstripes.
From Babe Ruth to Lou Gehrig, Mickey Mantle to Reggie Jackson, Derek Jeter and A-Rod to Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton, the Bronx Bombers usually have baseball’s best up and down the lineup. In 2023, the Yankees are once again among the favorites to win, which means a bet on the Yankees is a good bet at NJ online sportsbooks.
Hereâs how to bet on the Yankees in New Jersey, including the best available odds on tonightâs Yankees game, odds on the Yanks winning the AL and World Series again, and step-by-step instructions for how to get a bet down on any line.
What is tonightâs Yankees betting line?
See below for the best available New York Yankees game lines at the top online sportsbooks in New Jersey. Click on any odds to go directly to the online sportsbook, claim your bonus and get your bet down.
Yankees World Series odds
Think this is yet another year the Yankees run the table and win the AL and AL East? Or even go all the way for another World Series crown?
See below for the best available odd on the Yankees winning the AL East, the American League, and the World Series. Click on any odds to go directly to the online sportsbook, claim your bonus and get your futures bets in.
Judge MVP, Prop odds
Aaron Judge, the 2022. AL MVP, is among the favorites to win the award again this season.
The 2017 AL Rookie of the Year is in the first tier of candidates behind favorites Shohei Ohtani and tied with Mike Trout, who calls Millville home, of the LA Angels along with Julio Rodriguez from the Seattle Mariners.
The Yankees have more potential AL MVP candidates than anyone but Judge leads the pack. Want to get the best odds on a Judge MVP run? Click on any odds to get a bet down on Judge at NJ online sportsbooks.
Gerrit Cole Props
Gerrit Cole, ace of the New York Yankees pitching staff, enters his fourth season in the Bronx. He also is one of the favorites to win the American League MVP award. Jacob deGrom from the Texas Rangers and Alek Manoah of the Toronto Blue Jays are among the other early favorites.
Still want to get some dough down on Cole? Find the best available prop odds below and click on any odds to get started.
Bet on Yankees player futures
If Giancarlo Stanton, DJ LeMahieu, Josh Donaldson and Judge are truly the AL MVP candidates everyone thinks they are, they’ll all put up some lofty numbers at the plate this year.
You can bet on each one of those numbers in the MLB futures markets at NJ online sportsbooks, which will feature over/under lines for just about every offensive category for these Yankees stars.
That means you can bet on everything from Judge hitting more or less than 34.5 Home Runs to LeMahieu batting in more or less than 75.5 runs and everything in between.
How to bet on Yankees games in NJ
If you want to bet on the Yankees on your phone in New Jersey there are four simple things you need to do. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- First, you need to download and install an online sportsbook app on your phone or tablet. Make sure your iOS or Android device uses an operating system that meets the minimum requirements. Then, download and install the sportsbook app from the sportsbook website. Youâll find a link to that website in the toplists right here on this page. If you use Android, you may have to adjust your settings to allow installations from sources outside of Google Play. Plus, both iOS or Android users should make sure to allow the app to access their location, or download geolocation software so it can tell you are in NJ when youâre betting.
- Next, you need to sign up for an account. Just have certain personal and account information, like your name and SSN, with you when you open the app and click the ‘Sign Up’ button. Fill out the registration form and make sure to include any promo or bonus code you find here on PlayNJ. That’ll make sure you get the biggest bonus you can.
- After that, you can deposit money into your account to bet with via the ‘Cashier’ button. Choose from a list of available deposit methods, enter an amount, and follow the prompts. Everything from credit and debit cards to online banking and third-party payment processors can be used, and your money should show up in your account almost instantly.
- Finally, browse around through the MLB betting odds until you find something you want to bet on. Tapping on the bet will start the process by instantly creating a bet slip. There, you fill out an amount to bet, add other bets, and combine any bets you want to into a parlay. Your bet slip will show you all your potential payouts and you just click on the ‘Place Bet’ button to place the bets.
Yankees schedule 2023
The Yankees play a traditional 162-game schedule that includes 13 games each against the four other AL East teams plus six games against six AL opponents and seven games against four AL opponents. They also play 46 inter-league games. This is the first season for the new MLB schedule in which the Yankees will play at least one series against the other 29 clubs.
Opening day is March 30, 2023 with Yankees kicking the season off at home against the San Francisco Giants in the first game of a three-game set. The MLB regular season is scheduled to run through Oct. 1, 2023 and will be immediately followed by the MLB postseason.
Look above for the latest 2022 Yankees game lines and futures odds.
How did the Yankees do last year?
The New York Yankees were the 2022 American League East champions with a 99-63 record. They advanced to the ALCS, but were swept in four games by the eventual World Series champions Houston Astros. The Bronx Bombers are right behind those Astors in the early 2023 World Series odds. The New York Mets and Los Angeles Dodgers are among the other early favorites.
How to read a Yankees betting line
A typical Yankees game line at an NJ online sportsbook will look something like this:
- Toronto Blue Jays (A. Manoah) +1.5 (+110) +140 O 4.5 (-110)
- New York Yankees (N. Cortes) -1.5 (-110) -165 U 4.5 (-110)
First is the name of the teams with the projected starting pitchers in brackets. Next is the run line. Here, the Yankees are still slight favorites to win with a standard 1.5 run line factored into the final score.
The -110 odds on a Yankees run line bet mean you must bet $110 to win $100, plus your bet back, and the Yankees must win by two or more runs. The +110 odds on the Jays run line tells you that you can win $100, plus your bet back, for every $100 you bet and the Jays can win outright or lose by just one run.
Next is the moneyline. Here, you bet on the Yankees to win outright and must bet $165 to win $100, plus your bet back. Or, you can bet on the Jays to win outright and get paid $140, plus your bet back, for every $100 you bet. Finally, the totals line is shown on both sides with odds on the over and under in brackets. You can bet $110 to win $100, plus your bet back, on either five or more combined runs scored, or four or under.
Yankees Vegas odds vs. online odds in NY/NJ
The Yankees are a popular team, which means people bet on them everywhere. That kind of action can force a sportsbook to move a line. The thing is, only the sportsbook where the big money is bet moves that line.
In other words, the linesâ on a typical Yankees game starts out the same everywhere, from NJ online sportsbooks to traditional Lasâ Vegasâ sportsbooks. Then, when someone walks into a Vegas sportsbook and drops down a huge bet on the Yanks, that Vegas sportsbook might move the line to try to attract betting to the other side. NJ online sportsbooks will stand pat, until betting there forces them into action.
Local interest often drivesâ betting,â which means there’s usually more money bet locally on New York than elsewhere. The would normally equal a bigger chance a Yankees line willâ moveâ at an NJ online sportsbooks than a traditional Las Vegasâ sportsbook. However, the Yankees worldwide popularity and place as a perennial betting favorite may be the exception to that rule, making the Vegas Yankees line as apt to change as the NJ Yankees line.
Ultimately, that means Yankees game lines start the same at NJ online sportsbooks and traditional Lasâ Vegasâ sportsbooks, but either one might move at any time, making them different by the time the first pitch is thrown.
Which teams do the Yankees have best & worst record against?
History can tell us a few things about the New York Yankees and who they historically match up best against, including:
- The Yankees have a higher lifetime winning percentage (59.4%) against the Baltimore Orioles than any other AL East team.
- The Yankees lifetime winning percentage (55.2%) is lower against the Toronto Blue Jays than every other AL East team.
- New York has a winning record against every other MLB team except the Miami Marlins, who they are 18-19 against.
- The Yankees struggle more against the Detroit Tigers than any other American League team, winning just 52.95% of games with a record of 1077-959 lifetime against Detroit.
- The Yankees win at a higher clip against the Kansas City Royals than any other AL team, winning 59.9% of games with a record of 309-207 lifetime against KC.
Yankees live betting
Want to quickly make up for some pregame betting mistakes or simply get more action down on the Yankees? You can do that now with live baseball betting on NJ online sportsbooks. In fact, live betting opens up a huge variety of increased betting opportunities to you with live odds that change with the action in the game.
That means many of the same markets you bet on before games at changing odds, plus inning-by-inning betting and live props at odds that are constantly changing based on things the score and inning.
Just remember that these odds change fast, making NJ sportsbook apps the best way to really get involved. Chances are you won’t get a bet down fast enough inside a retail sportsbook to wager effectively in live Yankees betting markets.
Best Yankees betting app
Betting on the New York Yankees may perhaps be best done with an NJ online sportsbook like PointsBet, an official gaming partner of MLB who has been known to offer Yankees-specific promos in the recent past.
Sign up with PointsBet through our exclusive link, enter the Promo Code BETBONUS when you register, and you’ll get five second-chance bets up to $250 that can be used to bet on the Yankees. Plus, PointsBet is bound to run some Yankees odds boost and other promos throughout the MLB regular season and postseason.
Why bet the Yankees over other MLB teams?
You should bet on the New York Yankees over other MLB teams simply because they win so often. In fact, the Yankees’ .570 lifetime regular season winning percentage is the best in the majors.
Win close to 60% of your bets on anything and you’re likely making a profit. The thing is, betting the Yankees moneyline often means laying money. However, the Yankees win so many games throughout a season, the small rewards may add up fast.
Of course, you may also find the Yankees as run line underdogs quite often, giving you the chance to bet one of baseball’s traditionally highest scoring teams winning by two runs or more and getting a favorable price on the bet. The truth is, you can be profitable betting the Yankees as run line underdogs by winning only 40% of these bets. As long as the prices are right, you’ll quickly make up for any losses by winning a few of these bets at decent odds.
Yankees sports betting partnerships
The New York Yankees donât have any specific sportsbook partnerships. However, BetMGM, DraftKings, PointsBet, FanDuel, and FOXBet, all count themselves official gaming partners of MLB, giving them the rights to official MLB data, and league and team logos for promotional purposes.
Yankees stats leaders
Hereâs a look at the Yankeesâ stat leaders in a few key categories over the past two years:
- Batting Avg: Aaron Judge .311
- HR: Aaron Judge 62
- Hits: Aaron Judge 177
- RBIs: Aaron Judge 131
- Runs: Aaron Judge 133
- Pitching Wins: Jameson TaillonÂ 14
- Saves: Clay Holmes 20
- Batting Avg: Aaron Judge .287
- HR: Aaron Judge 39
- Hits: DJ LeMahieu 160
- RBIs: Aaron Judge 98
- Runs: Aaron Judge 89
- Pitching Wins: Gerrit Cole 16
- Saves: Aroldis Chapman 30
Yankees top prospects
Although they often build through trades and free agency rather than the draft, the Yankees did pick up three new prospects in the 2022 MLB draft, including:
- Spencer Jones (25th overall): This 6-foot-7 left-handed hitter from Vanderbilt University hit .370 with 12 HRs during his final college season.
- Drew Thorpe (61st overall): A right-hander pitcher out of Cal Poly compiled a 10-1 record and 2.32 earned run average in 15 starts.
- Trystan Vrieling (100th overall): The righty out of Gonzaga struck out 106 hitters over 80.2 innings.
Yankees bench staff
Hereâs a look at the 2022 Yankees coaching staff:
- Manager:Â Aaron Boone (427-281)
- Pitching Coach: Matt Blake
- Bullpen Coach: Mike Harkey
- Bench Coach: Carlos Mendoza
- First Base Coach: Travis Chapman
- Third Base Coach: Luis Rojas
- Asst. Hitting Coach: Casey Dykes
- Asst. Hitting Coach:Â Brad Wilkerson
- Quality Control/Catching Coach: Tanner Swanson
- Hitting Coach: Dillon Lawson
- Asst. Pitching Coach: Desi Druschel
Recent Yankees managers
Here’s a look at the Yankees managers and their records since 1992:
New York Yankees home games
- Home Stadium: Yankees Stadium (Since 2000)
- Address: 1 East 161st Street
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Owner: New York City Industrial Development Agency
- Operator: Yankee Stadium LLC
- Baseball Capacity: 47,309
- Ground Breaking: August 19, 2006
- Opened: April 2, 2009
- Construction Cost: $2.3 billion
- Other Tenants: New York City FC (MLS) (2015âpresent)
- Previous Home: Yankees Stadium (1923â2009)
Quintessential Yankees sports bar
If you have to pick one place to watch a Yankees game other than Yankees Stadium, make it:
Stan’s Sports Bar
- 836 River Ave. Bronx, NY 10451
Directly across the street from Yankees Stadium, Stanâs Sports Bar calls itself the official bar to hang out at before, after, and during Yankees home games. Derek Jeter even shot a Gatorade Commercial there.
Of course, you can’t bet on the game at Stan’s, so come back to NJ and head to:
Vinnie’s All-Star Bar & Grill
- 215 Manor Ave, Harrison, NJ 07029
Vinnie’s is the highest rated NJ sports bar on Yelp. It’s a great Portuguese restaurant with plenty of big screen TVs for Yankees-game viewing and you can bet on the games with your phone right from your chair. Plus, the wings are great and beer selection is huge.
Yankees TV broadcasts air on the YES Network with Michael Kay, David Cone, Paul O’Neill, Ken SingletonÂ and Ryan Ruocco. Plus, Yankees games are on the radio on WFAN SportsRadio 66 AM / 101.9 FM with John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman.
How can IÂ stream Yankees games in NJ?
You can stream the Yankees games via with a subscription to MLB.tv via MLB.com. Plus, Amazon Prime is promising to stream 21 live Yankees games in 2021.
It’s hard to say what was the most ever bet on the Yankees, as sportsbooks don’t always go public with such information. However, it appears Jim ‘Mattress Mack’ McIngvale’s $11.6 million loss on the Houston Astros in the 2019 World Series might include the biggest MLB bet of all time.
Coincidentally, the Astros beat the Yankees in the AL Championship Series to get to the World Series in 2019. McIngvale spread the betting around, including a $3.5 million bet at the DraftKings sportsbook at Scarlet Pearl casino in Biloxi, Mississippi, which was the largest bet ever taken by a US sportsbook.
McIngvale had promised to use his winnings to refund mattress purchases at his furniture store, but the Astros lost. He did the same thing in 2017 when the Astros won and it cost him $13 million in refunds, much of which he layed off betting on the Astros in Las Vegas.
We know three things for certain in terms of how much money is bet on the Yankees. The first is that more than $430 million was bet on baseball in 2020. The second is that the Yankees are traditionally the most bet on team in baseball. And finally, we know that the MLB schedule is back to 162 games this season, which means there will be more opportunities to bet on the Yankees and all of baseball than there was in 2020.
This list of celebrity Yankee fans is a long one. Rapper and business mogul Jay-Z “made the Yankee hat more famous than a Yankee can,” but actor Billy Crystal might be the celebrity best known as a Yankee fan, having signed a one-day contract with the team in 2008 and getting an at-bat in a spring training game. Donald Trump also used to attend games, before he became president.
In 2022, the average Yankees ticket price is $95. Single game tickets for select games are available now at https://www.mlb.com/yankees/tickets/single-game-tickets.
The New York Yankees do not have an official mascot. Dandy, a large moustached and pinstriped bird wearing a Yankees cap, was the mascot from 1979 to 1981. However, George Steinbrenner once claimed he had no recollection of the mascot.
The Yankees Twitter account is @yankees. It uses the tagline “Official Twitter of the 27-time World Series Champions” and features a yankees.com/tickets link. The Yankees account has been active since May 2009 and boasts 3.4M million followers.
The Yankees are always one of the top rated teams in The Show MLB video game. In The Show 20, Aaron Judge was the top rated Yankee player at 95. That will likely hold true for The Show 22 as well.