FOX Bet NJ Bonus Code and Sportsbook Review
FOX Bet is a top choice for anyone in New Jersey looking to bet remotely on sports. The sportsbook was born when media behemoth FOX and The Stars Group, which operates PokerStars, entered into a partnership in 2019. Try out FOX Bet with an up to $50 first bet on FOX Bet today!
The FOX Bet app is available online and via app. Currently, you can receive a welcome bonus for as much as $50 when you access the site using our link to create a new account.
Best New Jersey sportsbook apps in May 2023
This review goes over how to claim the welcome bonus and tells you about the other promotions the sportsbook has to offer. We also tell you all the ways you can deposit and cash out at FOX Bet, the sports that you can wager on and the types of bets you can place.
With all that and more in store, let’s get right to it, starting with the welcome bonus.
FOX Bet sign up bonus: Up to $50 first bet on FOX Bet
To claim the sign-up offer, all you have to do is use our link to create a new account with FOX Bet, and follow these simple steps to opt in to welcome bonus.
- Go to promotions tab/page
- Click on the FIRST BET ON US promotion
- Click View Challenges
- Hit Opt-In button no more than 7 days from registration
- Place bet no more than 7 days from registration
After doing so, just make a deposit and your first real money wager will be refunded if it loses, up to a maximum of $50. Here are all the details you should know about the offer:
- You must register a new account to qualify.
- Your first bet must have odds of -200 or longer, meaning that if the odds were -250, it would not be eligible. You must place the bet within 30 days of joining FOX Bet.
- If your first bet wins, you receive your winnings like normal, and the first bet on FOX Bet offer goes away.
- If your initial bet loses, you’ll get one bonus bet for the amount of that wager, maxing out at $50.
- Your bonus bet will expire 30 days after you receive it, and if it wins, you only receive the winnings from that wager, not the wager amount.
For those of you who are new to sports betting, this is a good welcome bonus and is similar to what you would see at many other New Jersey online sportsbooks. While it can feel as if you don’t get anything if your first bet with FOX wins, in that scenario you’ll have a bigger bankroll than you began with and you’ll basically be playing with house money from the start.
FOX Bet Sportsbook bonus code 2023
|FOX Bet NJ Bonus Code||None|
|Sign Up Offer||First bet on FOX Bet up to $50|
|Online Since||Sept. 13, 2018|
|Last Updated||May 2023|
FOX Bet Sportsbook New Jersey promotions
FOX Bet does not offer tons of promotions, but it is beginning to increase the number of bonuses, especially for new customers. Let’s take a look at some of the offerings.
- Parlay promotions: Every week when you bet at least $10 on parlays of three-plus legs, you will receive a $5 bonus bet credit the following week. The big requirement to be aware of is that in order for your parlay bet to qualify, all your selections need to have odds of -200 or longer.
- Friday bonus bets: All you have to do is follow @FoxBet on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram, and every Friday at 8 a.m. it will ask a question. Just answer and you have a chance to win one of five $100 bonus bet credits. And don’t worry about not knowing the answer to the questions; they’re usually opinion based.
- Bet boosts: You also will find daily bet boosts on FOX Bet. For those unaware of how bet boosts work, it’s very simple: The odds for specific bets are increased, so you can win more money while not having to increase the size of your wager.
Despite not having tons of promotions, the ones that FOX Bet New Jersey does have are of high quality. And be sure to watch the promotions page and FOX Bet’s social media accounts for new promotional announcements to make sure you don’t miss out on any offers.
Is FOX Bet legal in New Jersey?
Yes, FOX Bet Sportsbook is legitimate and legal in New Jersey. When it was originally licensed, it was known as BetStars Sportsbook. On Aug. 31, 2019, it officially changed its name to FOX Bet.
As for the law in New Jersey, all bettors must be 21 or older, and they need to be in the state to place any bets. That is the reason you must have geolocation software activated on the device you are using to submit your wagers. Whenever geolocation cannot verify that you are in New Jersey, you will not be able to make any sports wagers.
You can bet on the majority of sports in New Jersey. The major exception is that you can’t bet on any NCAA events that take place in the state or on games involving college teams that are from the Garden State.
How to create a FOX Bet Sports account in New Jersey
To register with FOX Bet NJ, you need a smartphone, tablet or computer, an internet connection and about three to five minutes. Simply go to the FOX Bet website or open the FOX Bet app, click “Join” and then supply the following personal information.
- Home address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
The only other things you need to do are come up with a password and check a few boxes confirming that the info you entered is correct and verifying that you have read the terms and conditions. Once that’s done, you can sign in and begin placing sports bets.
FOX Bet Sportsbook app
The FOX Bet app makes it easy to bet on all your favorite teams and sports. FOX Bet Sportsbook is the same for Apple devices as it is for Android, so the following overview of the app is applicable no matter what device you’re using.
How to download FOX Bet app for New Jersey
First things first, though, you need to get FOX Bet installed on your smartphone or tablet. You can do so by following our link, which will entitle you to that $50 first bet on FOX Bet bet if you are a new customer.
Navigating the FOX Bet NJ app
Whether or not you’ve used sportsbook apps before, FOX Bet is great because it is so easy to use. Once you open it up and get logged in, you’ll see headers that make navigating easy.
In the middle of the screen are headers for upcoming and live games, as well as for that day’s odds boosts and any custom bets. Custom bets are wagers that users submitted to @FoxBet on Twitter and were then placed on the app. Custom bets could be something like, “Kevin Durant and James Harden to each score over 30 points and the Brooklyn Nets to win.”
Across the top of the page are headers that will take you to the most popular sports at that time as well as to the FOX Bet promotions page. The promo page is where you can see all the current bonus offers and read all the fine print of precisely how an offer works.
To go to your account, click the person icon at the top. There you’ll see links for making withdrawals and deposits, changing your settings, checking your bet history and connecting with FOX’s help desk.
How to place a bet on the FOX Bet app
Priority No. 1 is being able to place bets on the FOX app, and you’ll be glad to know it is not burdensome at all. When you click on a bet, a green “Added” button will appear over the wager, confirming that it’s been added to your betting slip. That selection will then turn from gray to blue so you can tell what you have selected.
When it’s time to actually make your wager, click the small blue betting slip icon along the right of the page. From there you can decide whether to make straight bets, parlays or round robins. We advise always taking an extra couple of seconds to go back over your wager before clicking “Place bet.” Once you do, your bet will be final and there is no turning back.
There is nothing about the FOX Bet app that one would consider fancy, but there doesn’t need to be. The whole purpose of the app is to be able bet on sports using your phone, and in that endeavor, FOX definitely succeeds.
Best features of the FOX Bet app
We have gone over just about everything you should know about FOX Bet, but what are the things it does the best? We’re glad you asked. Here are three areas where FOX really excels:
- Social media presence: Chances are you probably have an Instagram, Facebook or Twitter account. And that’s good because you can connect with FOX Bet on those social channels and enter for chances to win $100 bonus bets every Friday and submit your own bets for FOX Bet to add to its sportsbook.
- Futures betting: It still amazes us how man big-time sportsbooks in New Jersey lack quality futures markets. FOX Bet is not one of those oddsmakers, though. On the FOX Bet app, you’ll find extensive futures offerings that are extremely easy to find and sort through.
- Trending bets: It’s not a major thing, but we really like FOX Bet’s “Trending bets” box. There you’ll see the most popular wagers at that time, which can be a quick and easy way to do a little research of some of the best offerings available.
How could FOX Bet NJ Sportsbook improve?
While we’ve covered our favorite parts of FOX Bet, we also have some ways we believe it is lacking and could do with some improvement.
- More help desk choices: The fact that there’s not a phone number to call or text or a live chat option is definitely not the best. There’s no reason users should only be able to send a message or try to DIY whatever issues they are experiencing.
- More betting options: FOX Bet NJ has just about every betting type you could want; however, the emphasis is on “just about.” It’s more than a little disappointing that it doesn’t offer the ability to place teasers or same-game parlays.
- Loyalty program: It feels as if about 50% of online sportsbooks in New Jersey have rewards programs. FOX Bet is one of the ones that does not. Despite the fact that it’s somewhat normal to not have a loyalty program, it still is something we think all major sportsbooks in the state should offer.
Types of bets available on the FOX Bet Sportsbook app
FOX Bet New Jersey offers just about every sports bet there is, with one notable exception. Presently, you cannot place teaser bets on FOX Bet. If teasers aren’t your thing, though, you have nothing to worry about. Let’s instead focus on all the wagers you can place at FOX Bet.
- Moneyline bets are wagers on which team is going to win a game straight up. If the New Jersey Devils are listed as -200, that designates them as the favorite and it would require a $200 bet to win back $100. If the New York Rangers are +300, they are the underdog and you would stand to win $300 on a $100 wager.
- Point spreads are lines for the number of points a team is predicted to win by. If the New York Jets are +11.5, they are the underdog and need to avoid losing by 12 points or more for your bet on them to win. New York’s opponent would be listed as -11.5 and would need to win by 12 points or more to cover the spread.
- Over/unders are for betting on the number of points both teams will score in a game. It does not matter which team wins or by how much; the only thing over/unders care about is the combined points.
- Props are an additional wager that has nothing to do with the winner or loser. Instead, props are essentially side bets, often focused on specific statistical accomplishments of a player, team or game state.
- Parlays are single wagers that combine two or more bets, and you must get each of your selections right to win. With each additional selection, you will see the odds and thus your potential winnings climb, but so will the risk.
- Round robins are a multi-wager that requires you to make three or more selections. The sportsbook will arrange the wagers so that you can miss one of your picks and still win some money.
- Futures wagers are bets on something farther out that the next game, often on the results of a season, playoffs or championship game.
- Live betting allows you to place wagers on games that are in progress. When you click on games on the sportsbook, you can scroll through stats at the top, including a win probability screen, while all the available bets are located below.
Sports you can bet on at FOX Bet in New Jersey
You can wager on all the major pro and college leagues in the US as well as top global sports at FOX Bet in New Jersey. This includes the National Football League, National Basketball Association, National Hockey League, Major League Baseball and college football and basketball.
But the sports betting options don’t stop there, FOX Bet also has odds for UFC, NASCAR and professional tennis and golf. If soccer is more your style, you can wager on MLS or on soccer leagues from around the world, such as the English Premier League, La Liga, Champions League or the World Cup.
FOX Bet NJ has even more sports that you can bet on, and you can view them all by clicking on the “All” header on either the FOX Bet app or website.
New Jersey sports team betting guide
Even though the New Jersey Devils are the only team that you can wager on with “New Jersey” in the name, there still are a ton of teams in nearby Philadelphia and New York City that you can place bets on and that are very popular in the Garden State.
- In the NHL, there are the aforementioned New Jersey Devils, along with the New York Rangers, New York Islanders and Philadelphia Flyers.
- For NFL fans, you can pick from the Philadelphia Eagles and the New York Jets and New York Giants (both of which play home games in New Jersey).
- If you’re looking for baseball teams to wager on, you have the New York Yankees, New York Mets and Philadelphia Phillies.
- In the NBA you can get behind the Brooklyn Nets, who left New Jersey a few years back, or the New York Knicks or Philadelphia 76ers.
- Major League Soccer is home to three more semi-local teams. You can choose from the Philadelphia Union, New York Red Bulls or New York City FC.
- And while you cannot bet on local college teams like the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, Princeton Tigers or Seton Hall Pirates, you could decide to get behind the Columbia Lions, John’s Red Storm, Drexel Dragons, Temple Owls or Penn Quakers.
FOX Bet New Jersey futures market
Not only does FOX Bet have a great futures offering, but we really love how easy it is to find. At many online sportsbooks in New Jersey, it can be a task just to find the futures markets. But at FOX Bet, all you have to do is click on a sport, and if there are futures available, you’ll see a big header labeled “Futures.”
For example, after Super Bowl LV, you could click on the NFL and futures, and you would see futures markets for Super Bowl LVI, conference winners, player futures and the next NFL draft.
Of course you’ll find similar offerings for the NHL, NBA and MLB. And if you’ve never tried futures betting, we suggest giving it a shot. If nothing else, it can be fun to have a long-term bet out there that you keep hoping will end up coming through for you in a big way.
How to deposit and cash out on the FOX Bet NJ app
You have multiple options for withdrawing and depositing money. Here are all the ways you can handle your funds at FOXBet NJ, starting with depositing:
- Online bank transfer
- Credit or debit card
And here are the ways you can cash out:
- Online bank transfer
You also have one final choice for depositing and withdrawing money at FOX Bet New Jersey. You can go to Resorts Casino in Atlantic City. Resorts is FOX Bet’s land-based casino partner, and while FOX Bet doesn’t have a retail sportsbook there, you can make withdrawals and deposits at the casino cage.
How to contact FOX Bet customer support
FOX Bet Sportsbook has a pretty in-depth help page that you can access by utilizing the app or website. However, there’s not much else when it comes to customer support options, especially if you need help as soon as possible.
From the help page, you can click “Contact us,” which will open a window to send a message to the FOX Bet help desk, and a FOX Bet team member will get back in touch with you.
Responsible gambling at FOX Bet
As is the case with other licensed sportsbooks in New Jersey, FOX Bet has a webpage dedicated to responsible gambling. On it you can read about ways to help determine if you have a gambling problem, and you can implement limits for how much money you can deposit and wager, and the amount of time you can be on FOX Bet.
The sportsbook also provides websites and phone numbers for organizations you can get in contact with to assist you with gambling addiction.
Where is the FOX Bet retail sportsbook?
At the present time, FOX Bet does not have a retail sportsbook location in New Jersey.
FOX Bet’s land-based casino partner in the state is Resorts Casino in Atlantic City. You can go there to make deposits and withdrawals for your FOX Bet Sportsbook account.
- Address: 1133 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Phone: 609-340-6300
Is FOX Bet the best sportsbook in New Jersey?
FOX Bet is a high quality online sportsbook in New Jersey, but it’s not the best in the state, in our estimation.
There’s really just a lot of little things that FOX Bet Sportsbook could do to elevate its status in the Garden State. Adding single-game parlays and teasers as betting options would be great, as would improving the choices when it comes to contacting FOX Bet’s help desk.
Despite not ranking FOX Bet as the No. 1 sportsbook in New Jersey, we still highly recommend FOX Bet and see no reason why you shouldn’t do business there.
FOX Bet FAQ
Is FOX Bet safe?
Yes, FOX Bet Sportsbook is licensed and regulated in New Jersey. The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement oversees sports betting in the state, and if you have any problems or questions regarding FOX Bet or any oddsmaker, you can reach out to the NJDGE at 609-984-0909 or [email protected]
What is the minimum age to bet at FOX Bet Sportsbook in New Jersey?
You are required to be at least 21 years old to legally wager on sports in New Jersey. You also will not be allowed to place any sports wagers unless you are physically in NJ. To adhere to the second stipulation, you must enable geolocation on your computer or mobile device. If you don’t or if you are not in the Garden State. your wagers will not be approved.
Can I bet on college sports at FOX Bet?
Yes, you can bet on college sports at FOX Bet. However, be aware that betting on college games that take place in New Jersey is prohibited, as is wagering on college games involving NJ-based teams.
Do I have to go to a retail location to sign up to FOX Bet online?
Nope. You’ll sign up for FOX Bet using whatever internet-connected device you choose. Just go to the FOX Bet website or use the app, and you can sign up for an account in a few minutes. You just need to supply your name, home address, email address, phone number, birthday and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
Why should I choose FOX Bet over an offshore site?
Because offshore websites do not comply with the same rules and regulations that FOX Bet and other licensed New Jersey sportsbooks do. That should matter to you because you are turning over money and personal information to the site, and offshore sites aren’t bound by any US laws, leaving you with no recourse if something goes wrong.
Can I use FOX Bet outside of New Jersey?
To a small extent you can. For starters you can withdraw or deposit money from outside of New Jersey, but you can place bets only in states where FOX Bet is licensed and operational. So right now there are apps for New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Colorado and Michigan.