Resorts Online Sportsbook Bonus Code & Review
Resorts Online Sportsbook Bonus Code & Review
Disclaimer: Resorts Sportsbook is no longer online in New Jersey. We recommend the following onlineÂ sportsbooks:
With so many online sportsbooks in New Jersey, it can be an arduous process figuring out which one is the right one for you. Letâs simplify things by looking at a great all-around choice in Resorts Sportsbook. Resorts has been live in the Garden State since early 2019 and offers a protect bet for up to $250.
If youâre unacquainted with Resorts Sportsbook, donât worry, we have you covered. This page contains information on how to download the Resorts app, the bonus code to unlock that $250 insured bet and information on all the basics, as well, for those of you who are new to sports betting.
So sit back, learn about Resorts Sportsbook New Jersey, and if you decide itâs the right online sportsbook for you, you can be placing your bets in a matter of minutes.
Resorts Sportsbook welcome bonus
When you enter the code MAXBONUS when you sign up for a new account, your first bet with Resorts Sportsbook will be protected up to a maximum of $250. Hereâs an overview of exactly how the bonus works:
- Open an account with Resorts NJ and enter MAXBONUS into the bonus code field.
- Place your firstÂ real money sports bet at Resorts Sportsbook.
- If it wins, great. You get your winnings just like normal. If not, you get one bonus bet equal to your wager, up to $250.
- You must use the bonus bet in its entirety, and you will be able to see precisely when it expires by checking your bonus bets under your account tab at Resorts.
- If your bonus bet wins, you only receive the winnings from that wager, not the amount of the bonus bet too.
- Finally, to be able to withdraw any of your bonus bet winnings, you must bet at least the same amount as the bonus bet was for. For instance, if you had a $100 bonus bet, you would need to wager at least $100 at Resorts Sportsbook to withdraw any winnings from your bonus bet.
All in all this is a solid, if not spectacular, welcome offer from Resorts New Jersey. Not placing odds caps or restricting it to a straight bet make it better than similar bonuses youâll find at other NJ sportsbooks. To be clear, the goal actually should not be to get the bonus bet; the goal is to win your first bet at Resorts and make a profit. Really, the bonus bet is more like a safety net, should your initial bet end up losing.
Resorts Sportsbook bonus code 2023
|New Jersey Resorts Sportsbook Bonus code||MAXBONUS|
|Protected first bet||Up To $250|
|Online since||January 31, 2019|
|Last updated||May 2023|
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see Resorts Sportsbook for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+Â
Resorts Sportsbook New Jersey promotions
Resorts Sportsbook NJ has a couple of ongoing promotions that we think you should know about. Additionally, as a Resorts member, youâll be part of its rewards program, so weâll tell you about that as well, since it kind of functions as a promotion of sorts.
- Weekly bonus bet: While this isnât an especially large promo, it still is good nonetheless. Every time you place 10 bets of $1 or more from Friday to Thursday, you get a $5 bonus bet. Thereâs really nothing more to it than that.
- Parlay booster: Resorts has one of the best parlay boosters around. Simply create a parlay of three-plus legs and receive anywhere from 5% to 60% in additional winnings. Three-leg parlays receive the 5% uptick, then for each added leg you get another 5%, all the way up to 60% for a 14-leg parlay. Your additional winnings are capped at $25,000. There are a couple of minimum odds requirements, as well: The parlay must have overall odds of -200 or longer, while the shortest allowed odds for individual selections are -500 or longer.
- Rewards program: When you create a sportsbook account, you are automatically enrolled in Resortsâ rewards program. Then for every $2 you wager, you receive one rewards point. The more RPs you earn, the higher the rewards tier you will reach. The higher the rewards tier, the more benefits youâll receive. For instance, the base tier requires 2,000 RPs to get $1 in cash released into your account, whereas the top tier requires only 67 RPs to have a dollar released into your account.
Overall, the promotions at Resorts New Jersey are high quality. While we wish there were more promos, the rewards program definitely helps make up for the lack of bonus offers.
Is Resorts Sportsbook legal in New Jersey?
Yes, Resorts Sportsbook is 100% legal in New Jersey. The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement granted Resorts a sports betting license back in 2019. That means Resorts was vetted and deemed reputable and legitimate. It also means that if you have an issue with Resorts, you could turn to the NJDGE for help. Here are some of the regulations for betting on sports in New Jersey.
- You must be at least 21 years old in order to bet on sports in the state.
You have to be physically within New Jersey to actually place bets. To make certain everyone adheres to this rule, you must have some form of geolocation software on your smartphone, computer or tablet.
How to create a Resorts sports betting account in New Jersey
Creating a Resorts Sportsbook account is easy, and you can do it from anywhere you have a stable internet connection. Personally, we find it easier on a device with a keyboard because it makes entering your info easier, but you can use the app on your smartphone or tablet, as well.
Start by opening the Resorts app or website. You should see a bright green join button near the top of the page. Once you click it, you will need to enter the follow personal data:
- Home address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Social Security number (last four digits)
You also need to confirm youâre not barred from betting at Resorts Sportsbook, that you have read the terms and conditions, youâre at least 21 years old and that everything else you stated is correct. It took us less than two minutes to create an online sportsbook account at Resorts NJ, so it really is quick and easy.
Resorts Sportsbook app
The Resorts app in fact is called Resorts Casino, due to the fact that itâs a hybrid online sportsbook-casino. Before we get into all the nuts and bolts of the Resorts app, though, here are some helpful links to be sure you get the correct iOS or Android app.
How to download the Resorts app in New Jersey
You can use our link to download the Resorts Sportsbook app. The links work whether you have an iOS or Android device; just click on the relevant one, and you should be all set.
Navigating the Resorts app
When you first open the Resorts app, youâll end up on Resortsâ online casino offering. To get to the online sportsbook, you need to click on the three lines in the upper left corner and select âSportsbookâ followed by âBet on sports.â Then you can start maneuvering around the site and get to placing some bets.
If youâve never placed a sports bet via app before, donât sweat it, because itâs very easy to do. You tap on the bets you want to make, and that sends them to your betting slip.
Next, open the slip, which is on the right side of the screen. Now you can decide the type of wager you want to place. The only thing that remains is adding the amount you want to wager and then actually placing the bet. Make sure to double-check your bets before submitting them, because as soon as you do, thereâs no going back.
Other parts of the app to know about
Some of the other important areas of the Resorts app are the promotions page and the account section. There is a fairly large âPromotionsâ header at the top of the page on the desktop site, while on the app you can find it by clicking the menu bar. When you view all the promos, youâll see bonuses for the casino and sportsbook.
As for the account page, from there you can control just about everything having to do with your Resorts Sportsbook account. From making withdrawals and deposits, to checking your bonus and rewards status and changing any of your personal information.
The sportsbook section of the app works well and does pretty much everything you would want and expect an online sportsbook be able to do. It can be a little bit of a pain to always be taken to the online casino when you open the app, especially if youâre not interested in that part of it, but itâs not a major problem.
Best features of the Resorts Sportsbook app
Here are three of our favorite things about the Resorts Sportsbook app:
- Betting markets: The majority of sportsbooks in New Jersey offer betting markets on most of the top sports leagues, but Resorts goes one step further by offering markets on leagues like the AHL. Having AHL betting in particular is awesome because that means New Jerseyans can wager on the Binghamton Devils.
- Promotions: Not only does Resorts have an excellent welcome bonus, but it also offers one of the best parlay boosters around. Being able to increase your parlays from 5% to 60% is great, and the odds requirements are not very restrictive at all.
- Loyalty program: Being part of Resorts Sportsbook automatically enrolls you in its Resorts Rewards and Echelon Rewards loyalty clubs. The more you bet, the more you get rewarded, plain and simple. Itâs exactly what you want from an online sportsbook loyalty program.
How could Resorts improve?
And now here are some of the ways Resorts Sportsbook is coming up just a little bit short right now.
- Second-class sportsbook: Dual casino-sportsbook apps are often troublesome. It seems like no matter how hard places try, one of the two feels like a second-class citizen. In this case, the sportsbook definitely feels like the less important of the two. If only Resorts had a standalone sportsbook.
- Lack of futures markets: We have to admit, we were a little miffed when we saw that during the 2020-21 NHL season Resorts didnât have odds on any individual player futures. The NHL is a premier sports league, and to not even have an MVP market is disappointing.
- More promotions: We really like the couple sportsbook promotions that Resorts does have going on, but we would love to see more of them. Other top oddsmakers like PointsBet, FanDuel and DraftKings have tons of promotions going on all the time, with more being added on a weekly or at times even daily basis. Here is hoping Resorts starts offering more sports promos in the near future.
Types of bets available on Resorts Sportsbook app
Sports betting is challenging no matter how long youâve been doing it, but it can be both challenging and intimidating if youâre just getting started. Thatâs why weâve put together this list of the sports wagers you can make at Resorts Sportsbook, along with explanations for each bet type.
- Moneyline bets are wagers on which side is going to win. The odds are based off $100 wins and $100 bets. A plus sign in front of the odds number means that is how much you would stand to win if you were to place a $100 bet on that team. A minus sign means you would need to bet that amount for a chance to win $100.
- Point spread betting is where you try to correctly predict how much a team will lose or win a game by. Teams that are favored must win by at least the listed number. Underdogs need to avoid losing by more than that number.
- Totals bets or over/unders are wagers on what the combined score will be for a game. It does not matter how much each team scores individually, only what the combined number ends up being.
- Prop betting is short for proposition betting and it involves wagering on events that take place during games, but rarely has to do with the actual result of a game. Props, as theyâre commonly called, can be on individual or team performances.
- Parlays are combinations of two or more bets. In order to win, you must get all of the individual bets correct.
- Teaser bets are multiple spread wagers combined into one, and you can move the line for all the games. At online sportsbooks like Resorts, you can select each game you want to bet on, pick from different spreads and make a parlay with those lines.
- Round robins also combine multiple picks, but they let you still win some money if you get one a selection wrong.
- Futures are odds on season-long occurrences, such as on a team to win its division, conference or overall title. At Resorts, futures are referred to as âOutrights,â so that is the tab youâll click win searching for futures wagers.
- Live betting: Wager on games while theyâre going on.
Sports you can bet on at Resorts NJ sportsbook
You can bet on all the top US sports leagues on the Resorts app. Choose from the NFL, MLB, the NBA, the NHL, college basketball and NCAA football, MLS, UFC, the PGA Tour, tennis and NASCAR.
Internationally, you also can bet on Euroleague basketball, tons of soccer leagues and tournaments like the English Premier League, World Cup, La Liga, Champions League and Bundesliga, and hockey leagues like the KHL and even the AHL in the US. Additional, more niche, options include table tennis and rugby.
New Jersey sports teams you can bet on
Resorts Sportsbook is one of the only books in the state that allows you to bet on two New Jersey hockey teams. Of course thereâs the NHLâs New Jersey Devils, which you can bet on at all the NJ sportsbooks, but you also can wager on the AHLâs Binghamton Devils, New Jerseyâs top minor league affiliate.
Now letâs look at all the nearby teams in New York City and Philadelphia on which bettors can wager.
- New York City: NYC is home to tons of teams in the major US sports leagues. You have the New York Giants and New York Jets, of the NFL, which both play their home games in New Jersey at MetLife Stadium. Then you have the New York Mets and NewÂ York Yankees (baseball), the New York Islanders and New York Rangers (hockey), the BrooklynÂ Nets andÂ New York Knicks (basketball) and the New York City FC and New York Red Bulls (soccer). On the college side of things, some of the NYC Division I schools you can wager on include Columbia, Long Island University, St. Francis and St. Johnâs.
- Philadelphia: The City of Brotherly Love has another large handful of sports teams: the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFL, the NHLâs Philadelphia Flyers, MLBâs Philadelphia Phillies, the NBAâs Philadelphia 76ers and the Philadelphia Union of MLS. As for college teams, your options include Temple, Drexel, St. Josephâs and La Salle.
Note that we didnât mention any New Jersey college teams because itâs illegal to bet on games involving in-state schools in New Jersey, as is wagering on any college games taking place in the state.
New Jersey futures betting
Finding the futures markets at Resorts Sportsbook isnât the simplest task, but once you know how to do it, you shouldnât have any problems.
Start by clicking on the sport you want to place a futures bets on. In this example weâll choose hockey. Then, near the top of the screen, you will see a list of all the hockey leagues you can bet on. Select âNHL.â Youâll see two tabs at the top: âGame oddsâ and âOutrights.â
Select âOutrightsâ and you will see all the futures markets available for the NHL at that time. Youâll be able to bet on squads to win the Stanley Cup title, win their division or make the playoffs.
Resorts also offers player futures for other sports, and might for the NHL in the future. Resorts also has some daily outright wagers that other books donât. For example, during the NBA season, you can bet on the over/under for all games being played on a given day.
How to deposit and cash out on the Resorts app
Here is a list of all the methods you can use to put money into and take money out of your Resorts Sportsbook account, starting with depositing:
- E-check (ACH)
- Credit/debit card (Visa, Mastercard)
- Online banking transfer
- Resorts prepaid debit card
And here are your options for making withdrawals from your Resorts account:
- E-check (ACH)
- Online banking transfer
- Resorts prepaid debit card
You can also make withdrawals and deposits at the casino cage at Resorts Casino Hotel in Atlantic City. We advise checking with customer service to make sure you have everything you need to complete in-person transactions before going there.
How to contact Resorts customer support
There are three main ways to get in touch with the Resorts customer service department:
- By emailing [email protected]
- By calling 844-990-4263.
- By live chatting with a representative using either the app or website.
The phone number and live chat are staffed daily from 8 a.m. to midnight. In addition to those options, you also can try Resortsâ FAQ page to seek an answer on your own.
Responsible gambling at Resorts online sportsbook
If youâre new to online sports betting, then you might not know that at sportsbooks like Resorts, you actually can set limits for yourself. That means you can control how much money youâre able to deposit, how much money you can spend or even how much time you are allowed to be on the Resorts app and website.
Also, Resorts provides info aboutÂ gambling responsibly and links for organizations to reach out to if you think you might have a problem when it comes to betting. You can find all the information by clicking the link at the bottom of all Resorts pages.
Where is the Resorts retail sportsbook?
Despite the fact that Resorts has its own casino in New Jersey, there is a not a Resorts retail sportsbook there or anywhere else in the state. You can make in-person deposits and withdrawals from Resorts Casino Hotel in Atlantic City, and there is a retail sportsbook on the premises; it just is run by DraftKings.
- Address: 1133 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ
- Phone: 609-340-6300
- Website: www.resortsac.com
Is Resorts the best sportsbook in New Jersey?
It is not. While Resorts is a quality sportsbook in the Garden State, itâs not the best online sportsbook that New Jersey has to offer. One of the biggest flaws when it comes to Resorts is that its website and app are far more committed to the online casino than the sportsbook. So itâs difficult to consider Resorts No. 1 in the state when it doesnât even appear to treat its sportsbook as No. 1.
Resorts Sportsbook FAQ
The Resorts Sportsbook bonus code is MAXBONUS. When you enter the code while signing up, your first bet will be protected up to $250. If your initial bet loses, youâll receive a bonus bet equal to that first wager.
No, as of this writing, New Jersey is the only state in which Resorts Sportsbook is legal. While you can deposit and withdraw money using the Resorts app from outside of NJ, that is pretty much the only thing you will be able to do if youâre not in the state.
Yep, Resorts Sportsbook is licensed in the state in accordance with sports betting regulations established by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. The NJDGE oversees sports wagering in the Garden State, and if you have any questions or concerns, you can reach out by phone (609-984-0909) or email () to log your complaint.
To legally bet on sports in New Jersey, you must be 21 or older. You also have to be in the state when you want to place a bet. Youâll notice that is why you need to have geolocation enabled on the device you are using to bet. If the software canât place you in the state, you will not be able to place any wagers.
Sadly you cannot. Betting on college teams from New Jersey is not allowed, and neither is betting on any college games taking place in the state. As long as an NCAA competition is held outside of NJ and doesnât feature a college team from the state, you can bet on it.
No, you can do all your sports betting using the Resorts website, which functions pretty much the same as the app. However, if you want to use the app, it is free for both Android and iOS, and it allows for easier betting using your tablet or smartphone.