888 Sport NJ Promo Code & Review
888 Sport NJ Promo Code & Review
Disclaimer: 888sport is no longer taking bets in New Jersey. With 888 Sportsbook no longer an option, we suggest signing up with one of these New Jersey online sportsbooks:
888sport, one of the biggest oddsmakers in the UK, is also a solid option when it comes to online sportsbooks in New Jersey.
This page will detail 888sport's welcome offer — a protected bet up to $500 — walk you through how to sign up and deposit/withdraw money with the sportsbook app, and go over all the sports and types of bets you can place with 888 Sportsbook. First up is that protected bet welcome bonus.
888sport welcome bonus
When you follow create a new account, 888sport will refund your first wager if it loses, up to $500. If that first wager wins, you get your money just like normal and the insured bet offer goes away. Here are a few details to keep in mind when it comes to 888's welcome bonus:
- You must make at least a $10 deposit to qualify for the offer.
- Only single bets qualify for the offer, so no parlays or teasers.
- If your first wager loses, you receive a bet token in the amount of your losing bet, up to $500.
- You must use the bet token in its entirety, so no breaking it up into multiple smaller wagers.
- The dollar amount of the bonus bet token is not included in any winnings.
- The bet token expires after seven days, so use it within a week or it will be gone.
Overall, this bonus is a decent value when compared to welcome offers at other New Jersey sportsbooks. The two things that would make it better would be if parlays qualified for the offer and if you could break up the bet token into multiple wagers. That notwithstanding, the offer still allows 888sport users to potentially get off to a great start with their bankroll.
888 Sportsbook promo code 2023
|888 Sportsbook Promo Code||None – Use Links|
|Welcome Offer||Protected first bet up to $500|
|Online Since||September 10, 2018|
|Last Updated||May 2023|
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see 888 Sportsbook for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
888sport New Jersey promotions
888 Sportsbook does not stop offering promotions after your initial $500 insured bet. Here are just a few of the available bonuses.
- Live betting bonus bet: When you place your first live bet of at least $10 with odds of -200 or longer, you'll receive a $10 credit to use on any wager of your choosing.
- Win-Win promos: 888sport also offers what it calls “Win-Win" promotions on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Just place a qualifying wager (which varies based on the day), and if it wins you'll receive a bonus bet, the amount of which varies by day:
- Tuesdays: Place a $5 bet with odds of +300 or longer, and if it wins receive a bonus $5 bet.
- Wednesdays: Place a $10 bet with odds of +400 or longer, and if it wins receive a bonus $10 bet.
- Thursdays: Place a $15 bet with odds of +500 or longer, and if it wins receive a bonus $15 bet.
- Weekly $8,000 giveaway: Each week, 888 also has a free-to-enter contest with $8,000 up for grabs. All you have to do is answer eight questions, and everyone with eight correct answers splits $8,000. You'll receive a $5 bonus bet if you get six correct and $10 if you get seven.
888sport adds new promotions with regularity, so check the site often and/or watch your email for announcements.
Is 888sport legal in New Jersey?
Yes, 888sport is licensed and legal in New Jersey. It partnered with Caesars Interactive Entertainment to claim its sports betting license from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement in 2018.
888sport adheres to state betting laws, meaning all users must be 21 or older and within state lines when placing bets. To check the location provision, you'll need to have geolocation activate on the device you are using to bet. If the geolocation technology is unable to verify you are in New Jersey, you won't be able to bet.
How to create an 888sport account in New Jersey
To sign up at 888sport in NJ, just head over to the 888 sportsbook site on the device of your choice, click “Sign up" and enter the following:
- Phone number
- Social Security number (last four digits)
- Date of birth
The last thing you'll need to do is select a security question and provide the answer. The only thing left to do is make a deposit and you'll be able to start betting.
888 Sportsbook app
The 888sport app is available for free and works across Android and iOS devices.
How to download the 888sport app
Head over to the 888sport site on your mobile browser, click the appropriate link for your device (Android or Apple) and begin the download process. You just need to permit the download and installation, and you'll be betting on the app shortly.
Navigating the app
As a one of the world leaders in sports betting, it's no surprise that the 888 app is easy to use and makes remote betting a simple process. After logging in, you can deposit and/or withdraw money from your account and of course start placing bets. The best way to move around the app is by using the menu, located in the upper left corner of the screen, or the bar across the bottom.
Both options have links to all available live games and the 888sport promotions page. For live betting, you'll see the available games to wager on, and you can click on individual games to display all the available wagers, along with stats from the game if available.
As for the promos page, it lists all ongoing bonuses. More importantly, it has links to read more about each offer so you can understand exactly what the requirements are. We advise skimming these at the very least to make sure you fully understand what each entails.
How to bet at 888sport NJ
Placing bets at 888 Sportsbook is as easy as clicking on a wager and then opening your bet slip, adding a wager amount and tapping “Place bet."
To place a multi-bet, the only thing that changes is you'll select more than one wager. After that, you can choose either the parlay or round robin option and again enter a dollar amount before placing your bet.
The app lets you see exactly how much you are betting and how much you could win. Just be aware that the “Potential payout" line includes your stake. It also makes sense to do a quick double-check before placing a wager to be sure that all your bets are what you want them to be and that you're happy with the odds.
All told, the 888 app is a quality product that makes betting on sports quick and pain free. If you've used sports betting apps before, you should have no problems using 888sport, and for those who are 100% new to online sports wagering, it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to figure it out.
Best features of the 888sport app
Here are three of our favorite things about 888sport in New Jersey:
- Futures markets: We really like all the futures bets you can find at 888 Sportsbook, particularly the vast number of futures for MLB.
- Promotions: It's always nice to see promotions that we've never seen before, and that's exactly what you get at 888sport with its “Win-Win" promotions.
- Banking options: We also like how many ways you can deposit money into your account. And while you only have three options for cashing out, all three are good options.
How could 888sport improve?
And here are three ways 888 could do better going forward:
- Add a rewards program: The lack of a rewards program always is disappointing. It's common practice for casinos, and we don't see why sportsbooks should be different.
- Add same-game parlays: While 888 does offer all the regular betting markets you would expect, we wish it also had same-game parlays, at least for the top leagues.
- More promo variety: While we do like the Win-Win promotions, it would be nice if there were other offers that didn't force bettors to have to pick upsets and only get rewarded if they are right.
Types of bets available on 888sport New Jersey sportsbook
888sport has all the typical types of sports wagers as other sportsbooks in New Jersey. Here is a rundown of what you can expect:
- Moneyline: Correctly bet on the winning team; that's it. Negative numbers indicate which team is favored, meaning a winning bet has a lower potential profit.
- Point spreads: You must predict how many points a team will win or lose by. Favored teams have to win by a set margin, while underdogs must avoid losing by a specific number or more.
- Totals: Also commonly called over/unders, these are bets on the total combined score in a game by both teams, regardless of who wins.
- Props: Think of props as “yes or no" questions that are concerned with specific game states or statistical accomplishments by a team or individual player during a game.
- Parlays: Bets that combine two or more selections. You win if all of your picks are correct; one wrong choice and you lose. Parlays can be extremely lucrative but are tough to get correct, especially as you add more and more selections.
- Teasers: Similar to a parlay, teasers are strictly for multiple bets against the spread, and you can adjust the spread for all of your bets by the same amount.
- Round robins: A multi-wager of three or more selections, arranged in such a way that you can get one of your picks wrong and still win some money.
- Futures: Bets on full-season events such as which player will be named MVP or which team will win a title. Many people place futures at the beginning of the season, but they'll be available during the season, too.
- Live betting: Wager on games while they are in progress. That means you don't have to worry about placing a bet before start time. You also could choose to wait to see who suits up for a team or just see how a team looks at the start. If a team starts poorly, you may be able to get better odds than you would have with typical pregame wagering.
Sports you can bet on at 888sport in New Jersey
888sport has betting markets for the top pro and college leagues in the US, so you can bet on the NFL and college football, the NBA and college basketball, MLB, the NHL, the PGA Tour, NASCAR, the UFC, the WNBA, tennis and MLS.
As a top oddsmaker in Europe, 888 offers bets on top international leagues, too. Soccer fans can bet on the English Premier League, World Cup, Champions League, Bundesliga and others. You also can bet on the EuroLeague (basketball), Formula One and even cricket if you're so inclined.
New Jersey sports teams you can bet on
With New York City and Philadelphia so close by, people in New Jersey have plenty of nearby teams to wager on. Just be aware that you cannot bet on college teams from New Jersey or on any college games that take place in the state. All other college teams are fair game, though.
- Football: The New York Giants, New York Jets and Philadelphia Eagles all compete in the NFL. The Giants and Jets even play their home games in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
- Hockey: The New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders, New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers are the four NHL teams in the vicinity.
- Basketball: You can bet on the Brooklyn Nets, Philadelphia 76ers or New York Knicks of the NBA and the WNBA's New York Liberty.
- Baseball: Major League Baseball offers the 27-time World Series champion New York Yankees, as well as the New York Mets and Philadelphia Phillies.
- Soccer: The three nearby MLS teams are the Philadelphia Union, New York City FC and New York Red Bulls.
888sport futures betting
888 Sportsbook has some of the better futures markets we've encountered at any New Jersey sportsbook.
In Major League Baseball, for example, you can bet on the stats of individual players, such as who will have the most hits, home runs, RBIs, runs, steals or strikeouts, along with who will win the MVP and Cy Young awards in each league. On the team side, you can bet on eventual division, league and World Series champions.
In addition, 888sport is one of the only oddsmakers we've seen offer bets on who will win the Art Ross Trophy, awarded to the NHL's regular season points leader. Other options include futures bets for the NBA, NFL, college basketball, college football and international soccer.
How to deposit and cash out on the 888sport app
Here are all your banking options at 888 Sportsbook. When it comes time to deposit, you can choose from the following:
- ACH (e-check)
- Play+ prepaid debit card
- Visa, Mastercard or Discover credit/debit card
- Online banking transfer
And when you want to make a withdrawal, here are your choices:
- ACH (e-check)
- Play+ prepaid debit card
If you're in the area, you also can go to Caesars Atlantic City to make withdrawals and deposits in person at the casino cage there. Just make sure you have a photo ID as well as your account information and passwords.
How to contact 888sport customer support
It can actually be a little hard to figure out how to contact 888's customer support department.
You'll start by clicking the “Online help" link at the bottom of the app or website. Next, you can look through a multitude of headers to try to find a solution. If that doesn't work, try the search bar at the top of the page. And finally you can click “Contact us," which opens a form that allows you to send an email to 888's service department.
If you want to bypass some of those steps, though, 888 has a phone number (855-218-6234) and email address ([email protected]) to reach out to for assistance.
Responsible gambling at 888sport New Jersey
888sport does a good job of promoting responsible sports betting. Users can set their own limits to keep from depositing or wagering more money than they are comfortable with. The sportsbook site also provides links, phone numbers and information to users if they believe they might have a problem with sports betting.
Where is the 888sport retail sportsbook?
While 888sport does not operate a retail sportsbook in New Jersey, it is partnered with Caesars Atlantic City Casino, meaning you can make cash deposits and withdrawals there.
At a minimum, you'll need a photo ID and your 888sport account information to make withdrawals and deposits at the casino cage. We recommend calling before you go to make sure you have everything required to complete your transaction.
- Address: 2100 Pacific Ave., Atlantic City, NJ
- Phone: 609-348-4411
- Website: www.caesars.com/caesars-ac
Is 888sport the best sportsbook in New Jersey?
No. While 888sport is a quality online sportsbook, we do not consider it the best in New Jersey at this time. Other sportsbooks like BetMGM, FanDuel, DraftKings and PointsBet have done a little more at this point, and we simply can't put 888 ahead of them.
However, don't necessarily just take our word for it. Like we said, 888 is still a good product. So don't be afraid to give it a try, especially since you'll get a $500 protected bet when you sign up.
888sport NJ sportsbook FAQ
You can, but there's a catch. Betting on NCAA teams from New Jersey or on any NCAA events taking place in the state is prohibited. So no wagering on games involving Seton Hall, Rutgers, Princeton or any other teams from the Garden State.
All bettors have to be at least 21 to legally wager on sports in New Jersey. On top of that, they also need to be physically in New Jersey to place any bets. That's the reason you are required to have geolocation enabled. If you're not in New Jersey, you won't be able to bet.
Nope, just open the 888 app or website and click “Sign up." From there you just need to enter your name, address, email, phone number, birthday and the last four digits of your Social Security number, and you'll be good to go.
Not right now. While there are plans to expand to Colorado, Indiana and Iowa, currently New Jersey is the only state where 888 is legal. Also, unlike some other online sportsbooks, you won't even be able to access your 888 account if you're not in the Garden State.
In terms of functionality, both 888 and DraftKings make betting on sports easy, and both offer roughly the same number of bets and sports to wager on. DraftKings offers more promotions and daily odds boosts, while 888 tends to have a few more futures.