PointsBet Online Casino Review
PointsBet Online Casino Review
PointsBet Casino became available in New Jersey in July 2021 and has been developing its library in the state since then. While PointsBet Casino NJ does not currently offer a welcome bonus, that could be changing soon.
The platform sports PoinsBet's red and black colors and provides players with an interesting range of casino games, including live dealer titles. Along with its website, PointsBet Casino is also available via app, and it accepts a range of safe and trustworthy payment methods.
How does all of that stack up with other online casinos in New Jersey? We analyze all the main features and characteristics of PointsBet Casino below to try to answer that question.
What is the PointsBet Casino NJ promo code for May 2023?
PointsBet does not yet list a welcome bonus for new customers at its online casino in New Jersey.
|PointBet Casino NJ Bonus Code||Not needed|
|Welcome Bonus||To be determined|
|Last updated||May 2023|
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see PointsBet Casino for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
How does the PointsBet Casino bonus work?
PointsBet may not have an online casino bonus for new customers in New Jersey at the moment, but it could well add one. In Michigan, for instance, PointsBet Casino offers new players up to a 200% refund on their total losses over their first 72 hours. The refund takes the form of bonus spins, up to $800 total.
Although this promo is not available in New Jersey, if PointsBet does decide to add a welcome bonus in the state, it could choose that or something similar.
Does PointsBet Casino have other promotions?
PointsBet Casino in New Jersey doesn't offer any promotions for the time being. This could be due to how new it is in the state.
However, we already know a bit about what type of offerings players can likely expect due to what it has available in Michigan. That could include the following perks:
- Refer a friend: If someone creates an account using your referral link and places a cash bet for a minimum of $20, both of you will receive $50 in bonus bets.
- PointsBet Rewards: The casino provides loyalty points for each bet you place at a game. You can then redeem these points for bonus bets.
The casino also offers two loyalty levels: Diamond and Platinum. Both provide perks like personalized customer support, access to tickets and events, and more.
How to download the PointsBet Casino app in New Jersey
As we mentioned, players can access PointsBet Casino via either its website or its app. The PointsBet Casino NJ app is free and available on Android and iOS devices. Here is how to get it:
PointsBet Casino on iOS
If you have an iOS mobile device, such as an iPhone or an iPad, follow these steps to download the PointsBet app:
- On the PointsBet Casino homepage, select where it says “Get the app" in the banner on top of your screen.
- Alternatively, you can scroll down and select where it says “Download on the App Store."
- This will take you to the correct download page on Apple's store, and you'll be able to download the app for free.
PointsBet Casino on Android
We had some trouble with the download page for Android when we were testing for this review, but presumably, PointsBet will address this quickly.
- Same as above, once you access PointsBet Casino on your Android device, select either “Get the app" or “Get it on Google Play."
- Download the app and install it according to the instructions on the screen.
How do I get started at PointsBet NJ online casino?
One of the best aspects of choosing PointsBet casino is how easy the platform is to use. But, before we dive deeper into its features and how to navigate them, here's how to create an account:
- On PointsBet's homepage, select the sign-up button at the top right.
- Fill in the info that the form requires: name, address, email, last four digits of your Social Security number, etc.
- If PointsBet Casino adds a welcome bonus in New Jersey, this is likely where you would add a promo code if it requires one.
- Choose a password, agree to the terms and conditions and select the button to finalize your account.
The casino may send you an email with a confirmation link to verify your account and ensure you can play. Once you've verified your account, you can make a deposit via one of the accepted payment methods available in the cashier section of your account.
As soon as you have funds available, you can use the menu on the left side of the screen to navigate the different categories of games, including slots, table games, video poker, and live dealer titles. The games automatically display on a grid, but you can select to see them in the form of a list. This option allows you to see more information about each title.
You can also request a withdrawal through the same section on your account where you processed the deposit. Should you have any questions about any topic related to the casino, you can find a link to the help center at the bottom of the website.
What games can you play at PointsBet New Jersey?
As with most online casinos, PointsBet New Jersey's biggest selection of games is online real money slots. At the time of this review, around 40 titles were available.
There is a good collection of Egypt-themed slots, such as Book of the Sphinx, Fortunes of Egypt, Scarab, and Cleopatra Gold. Likewise, there is also a range of Wheel of Fortune-related slots. Other options include TV-inspired titles like Baywatch.
One particular aspect of PointsBet's slots collection is that the casino doesn't currently have any options with progressive jackpots. It frequently adds new titles, though, so we hope to see this change soon.
The table game category focuses primarily on online blackjack but also provides plenty of other types of games, including roulette, baccarat, casino poker, and even some game shows. Although some of these games are digital, the casino also offers nine live dealer casino titles.
The last category of casino games is video poker. With seven options available, players can opt for three-play, five-play or 10-play versions. Overall, the library covers all of the most popular types of casino games, even though it has a limited number of options. And that number will grow as PointsBet continues to expand its casino in New Jersey.
What are the most popular games at PointsBet Casino in New Jersey?
PointsBet's online casino offers a good selection of games and even puts some on its “featured" section. Here are a few of the most interesting options:
- Cleopatra Plus: This five-reel video slot has 40 paylines and eight levels. These levels allow the return-to-player rate to vary, with the maximum being 92.8%. This IGT title offers a chance to win up to 100 bonus spins and multipliers that may go over 100x.
- It's Magic: Another video slot from IGT, It's Magic has five reels and 50 paylines. The bonus feature allows players to win up to 45 bonus spins. The game also has two fixed jackpots and low to medium variance, making it suitable for players who don't like too much volatility.
- Ten Play Draw Poker: If you've never played video poker, this digital game offers the randomness of slots along with some card-game-style strategy. This version of the game allows players to play 10 hands simultaneously.
Is PointsBet the best online casino in New Jersey?
There are plenty of advantages to picking PointsBet as your New Jersey casino, including a clean layout and ease of use. However, there are also some things that it could improve:
What's great about PointsBet Casino
- Solid app: PointsBet's app operates just like its website, allowing everyone to quickly find the games they're interested in. Moreover, the PointsBet mobile casino app is fast-loading and user-friendly, allowing for a smooth gambling experience.
- Reputable game studios: IGT developed most of the casino games available at PointsBet. IGT is one of the world leaders in online gambling and offers numerous entertaining and licensed games.
- Table game collection: Those who prefer playing table games will find a pretty robust collection at PointsBet. With numerous options for blackjack, baccarat, and poker, this is definitely a pro for players who like these games.
Areas in need of improvement
- Lack of promotions: As we mentioned, PointsBet NJ currently doesn't provide any type of bonuses or promotions. This puts PointsBet behind many of its competitors.
- Overall number of games: The casino has been live since mid-2021, but the collection of games is still relatively small. With less than 100 games, PointsBet falls short compared to many of the big online casino sites in NJ.
- Help center mostly for sports betting: One big positive of PointsBet is its customer support, but there is room for improvement where the help center is concerned. Many topics are related to sports betting, leaving casino players without answers.
PointsBet banking options
Funding your account at PointsBet is simple. Click on the drop-down menu in the top right corner of the screen, navigate to “Deposit," and select one of the payment methods:
- Online banking: Can take up to three days for your credit to reach your casino account.
- PayNearMe: Deposit via participating retailers. This is a cash-only option, with a maximum limit of $500 every 24 hours.
- PayPal: The minimum deposit is $5, and there isn't any maximum.
- ACH/e-check: The deposit process may take up to three business days.
- Credit/debit card: The casino accepts payments via Visa and Mastercard. It also takes gift cards.
- Cash at Bally's Atlantic City: You can deposit at the casino cage. There is a minimum of $5 and no maximum.
How to withdraw money from the PointsBet app
Withdrawing is also quite simple. Your options to do so are through online banking, PayPal, ACH/e-check, or cash at Bally's Atlantic City. The fastest options are PayPal and cash at the casino cage, with requests usually taking less than 30 minutes to process. All other cash out options may take up to five business days. The minimum withdrawal is $5. You can refer to the casino's help center for a step-by-step guide on processing withdrawals.
Customer support at PointsBet online casino NJ
The PointsBet support center includes several helpful categories like getting started, deposits, withdrawals and responsible gambling. If you can't find the answers you're looking for at the help center, you can also reach out to customer support via the following:
- Live chat, which is available 24 hours a day.
- Email [email protected], with a response time of 24 hours.
- Phone 312-800-8716 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
History of PointsBet online casino
PointsBet originally launched in Australia in 2017. This online sports betting and casino platform is live in several countries, including the United States, Canada, and Ireland. PointsBet Casino operates in New Jersey, West Virginia, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. The company has plans to continue expanding, as well.
PointsBet Casino NJ FAQ
There isn't one if you're signing up in New Jersey, as the operator doesn't list a welcome bonus for its online casino in the state at this time.
You need to be 21 or older to legally gamble at any online casino in New Jersey, including PointsBet.
No, you can sign up via the casino's website, download the PointsBet Casino app if you wish, and begin playing from home.
The minimum deposit is $5 across all payment methods. Some payment options may have maximum deposits, which you can check on the site.
PointsBet Holdings is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. It has US offices in Jersey City and Denver.