Best Bonus Offers For NJ Online Sportsbooks
Bonus codes give you a way to score bonus money when you create an account at an online sportsbook. Among the perks you can receive as a new user are bonus money when you sign up (no deposit required) as insurance if your initial bet loses. See below for the best bonus codes at New Jersey online sportsbooks.
Best sportsbook bonuses in New Jersey
Best NJ sports betting bonus and promo codes for 2023
|NJ Sportsbook||Promo Code / Bonus Code||Bonus Amount||Partner|
|DraftKings Sportsbook||Click to claim promo||$1,200||Resorts|
|SugarHouse Sportsbook||PLAYRIV||$500||Golden Nugget|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||Click to claim promo||$1,000||Meadowlands Racetrack|
|PointsBet||None – Use Links||$250||Meadowlands|
|Unibet Sportsbook||BETBONUS||$100||Hard Rock|
Sportsbooks bonuses in NJ
As the demand for betting on sporting events in New Jersey has increased, so have the number of sportsbooks bonuses to sign up for. Now you can choose from more than a dozen sports betting apps to use in the state, many with their own bonus codes.
Here’s a list of some of the most popular New Jersey sportsbook bonuses you can sign up for and use today:
- First online sports betting site in New Jersey.
- Up to a $1,000 first-deposit bonus.
- Bonus bet worth $50.
- Partnered with Resorts Atlantic City.
- Daily promos and odds boosts.
- Experienced online sportsbook in New Jersey.
- Up to a $1,000 bonus bet.
- M life Rewards program (physical locations and online).
- Headquarters in Jersey City.
- Sportsbook and casino in one.
- Worldwide gambling brand.
- Up to a $1,250 matching deposit bonus.
- Partnership with the New Jersey Devils.
- High-quality Caesars Sportsbook app.
- Multiple odds boosts and ongoing promotions.
- Early sportsbook app in New Jersey.
- Up to a $500 first deposit bonus.
- 1x wagering requirement (wins are yours to keep).
- Extensive list of betting markets across popular and niche sports.
- Daily promos and odds boosts.
- Top online sportsbook in New Jersey.
- Up to a $1,000 no-sweat bet.
- High-value promotions like Spread the Love.
- First to offer same-game parlays.
- Connections with The Meadowlands and an NBA
How do sportsbook bonuses work?
Sports betting bonuses refer to the “extras” you get when you sign up and make your first deposit or bet at an online book. These come in multiple forms as you can see above, but these are the most common bonuses:
- Bonus bets
- Deposit match bonuses
- No-sweat bets
When you sign up, it’s important to know the ins and outs of these offers so you can maximize your reward. While some of them are more straightforward, others can be a bit confusing if you don’t pay attention to the terms and conditions.
For example, you can receive a bonus bet when you sign up and complete the registration process. This will give you a bonus of a set amount that you can use to place a bet or bets. If your bet wins, you’ll get to keep your winnings and even cash them out if you choose.
Deposit matching bonuses come into play when you make your first deposit after signing up. These will generally match your deposit at a rate of 100% — for example, deposit $100, receive a bonus of $100 — but the matching percentage can be lower in some instances.
The way you receive this bonus can differ. Some sportsbooks give a lump sum and you use it how you see fit, with a time limit before it expires. Others will turn a percentage of the bonus money into withdrawable cash as you make cash wagers. Either way, this is generally bonus money that you receive for what you were already planning on doing at the site.
No-sweat bets, meanwhile, provide some insurance on your first wager at the sportsbook. If you get that first bet wrong, the sportsbook will provide a matching refund in bonus credits that you can use to wager again. If you get that second bet right, any winnings are generally yours to do with as you wish.
This is a great way to dip your toe into the waters and get a feel of sports betting, or an attempt to make a big splash out of the gate knowing you have the protection of this bonus to recoup your losses. Betting on March Madness is a popular way to use this type of sportsbook bonus, since if you lose early in the tournament, you still have the rest to use the bonus money you earn back.
How to use a sportsbook bonus code
Many bonuses will require a code, though some will not. Here are the steps to take to sign up at a sportsbook and claim any bonuses:
- When you find a New Jersey sportsbook listed on this site that you like, select the appropriate “Play Now” button to head to the sportsbook’s registration page.
- Fill out the registration form, which can include your name, address, phone number, email, and your desired password. If the bonus requires a code, the site may prompt you to supply it here.
- Other times, you may need to provide the bonus code when you make your first deposit, especially if it’s a deposit match bonus.
- Read the terms and conditions for each bonus so you know how to qualify. Here are some important things to be aware of:
- Minimum odds for a no-sweat bet.
- The number of days you have to use your bonus before it expires.
- The wagering requirement (how many times you need to wager your bonus before you can cash out).
How to download sports betting apps
With sports betting apps in New Jersey, you can place your bets from nearly anywhere in the state as well as claim and use bonuses or check your account balance. Most online sportsbooks will have links to download their app right on their website. Here’s how to do so:
- Head to the online sportsbook site on your phone or tablet and you should find instructions on how to download the app right there. While some links will take you directly to the App Store or the Google Play Store, you may need to download some Android apps manually.
- Once you download the app, you’ll find the icon on your home screen. Tap it to log in with the username and password you created during registration.
- You can fund your account, make any type of wager that you could on the website and withdraw money from your account all through the app.
Claiming sportsbook bonuses through the app is simple, as well. Log in to the app and check the latest promotions to see if there’s anything to claim. Or, if you received an email offer or a push notification on your phone or tablet, you can select the offer and follow the directions to qualify.
What are the different types of bonuses?
Earlier, we named common sportsbook bonuses you’ll find in New Jersey, such as no-sweat bets and deposit match bonuses. Here is some more detail:
Bonus bets and no-sweat bets
Whether a bet match or a bonus bet, these normally will match your first cash wager on the site. In the case of no-sweat bets, your first wager needs to lose for you to receive the bonus.
These bets can be a good way to test the waters as you’ll receive some kind of insurance if the bet loses. These often have minimum odds requirements to trigger the bonus, so be sure to read the terms and conditions. Since a lot of people sign up for these types of bonuses to bet on the Super Bowl in New Jersey, it’s important to know the ins and outs so you qualify for exactly what you wanted.
A good example of this type of bonus is Caesars Sportsbook. When you sign up, you’ll receive a first bet match of up to $1,250 depending on how much your initial wager was. This is win or lose, meaning even if your first bet wins, you’ll still get a matching bonus bet.
FanDuel has another popular bonus in New Jersey; this one as a no-sweat bet. Sign up, deposit, and make your first cash bet. If it loses, you’ll receive a matching refund in site credit, up to $1,000. You only need to wager the bonus money one time; whatever you win, you can cash out.
If you don’t want your sportsbook bonus to depend on your first bet, a deposit bonus may be the way to go. This will provide bonus funds equal to a percentage of your initial deposit. This is good for beginners and experienced players, as it’s simply bonus money to wager as you wish.
New Jersey players can sign up at SugarHouse Sportsbook and claim a 100% deposit match up to $500. To unlock the bonus funds for withdrawal, you only need to bet them once.
Other promos you can find in NJ
Promotions don’t stop once you’re signed up at a New Jersey sportsbook, as most will also provide perks for existing customers. For instance, odds boosts are a daily occurrence on many sports betting sites. Check these often to see if there are boosted odds for any bets that you would want to place anyway.
Profit boosts, meanwhile, give you a percentage increase on your payout. This is a great way to cash out bigger winnings on bets you were already going to make, and are most common with NFL parlays and NBA bets. If you win your bet, you could enhance your payout between 25% and 50% in some instances.
Also look out for deposit reload bonuses, which will give you a matching percentage back as bonus money when you make a deposit (similar to a first deposit bonus, but it can be for a later deposit). Time these well throughout the course of your membership and you could get a bonus every time you make a deposit. These are often in the 25% to 50% range.
If you alternate between sportsbooks and casino play in New Jersey, a lot of sportsbooks have partnerships with Atlantic City casinos and offer rewards you can claim to use in person as well as online. BetMGM is one of the more well-known properties that has a loyalty program, the M life Rewards program.
Always read the terms and conditions
Terms and conditions come with each bonus offer, so pay attention to them to make sure you’re meeting all the requirements. We try to cover the most important ones here, but it’s worth it to read the fine print so you’re not wondering why you didn’t receive a bonus.
When it comes to bonus bets and no-sweat bets, pay attention to the minimum odds that you need to qualify. A no-sweat bet may only kick in if your wager meets the requirement. For example, you may need to place a wager at odds of -200 or better (-150, -120, etc.).
Wagering requirements are another condition to pay attention to. For instance, a 1x requirement means that you need to bet the bonus once and your winnings are cash. Others may require 5x, 10x, 20x, or more, though, so be sure to read the requirements so you know how many times to bet the bonus before you can cash out.
The time frame is very important, as you have a set amount of time to bet your bonus before it expires. This could be from seven to 30 days or around there. You don’t want to lose your chance to turn a bonus into cash, so pay attention to these terms.
The bottom line, always read the terms and conditions of the offers after using a bonus code so you know exactly how to maximize your chances of claiming a full bonus and putting it to work for you.